Street Fighter IV: How to Unlock All the Charaters :: Game Hints and Tips
Street Fighter is back, but good luck unlocking Gouken (especially without this guide!)
Unlocking Everyone in Street Fighter IVStreet Fighter is back, but it ain't easy. Even on the easiest of the game's seven difficulties, you may have trouble beating the final boss, Seth. Part of the trick is finding the right character for you, so here's how to unlock everyone in Street Fighter IV. Play with the options set to "1 round match" and the difficulty on whatever setting you want.
- Gen: Beat arcade mode as Chun-Li
- Sakura: Beat arcade mode as Ryu
- Rose: Beat arcade mode as M. Bison
- Fei Long: Beat arcade mode as Abel
- Cammy: Beat arcade mode as C. Viper
- Dan: Beat arcade mode as Sakura (unlocked through Ryu above)
- Akuma: After unlocking all the above, choose someone you have already beaten arcade mode with and play through again. You must not use a continue before reaching Seth. You must get at least one "perfect" round in which you aren't hit by your opponent. After beating Seth, Akuma should appear. You simply have to defeat him (continues shouldn't matter anymore) to unlock him.
- Gouken: First, beat arcade mode as Akuma. Now, start up arcade mode as someone you have already beaten it with, and you have to make it through without any continues or losses at all. Also, you need at least one "perfect" round, three "Super/Ultra Combo" finishes, and you need to get the first hit in at least five rounds. After that, Gouken will appear, and you must defeat him. Good luck with that one...
- Seth: Beat arcade mode with all characters