Top 10 Divas: Our Fave Female Singers
Join Kidzworld as we count down our top-rated female musicians of all time! Then head over to our boards and tell us if you agree with our list or have someone to add – did we forget the biggest diva of them all?!
No. 10: Jessica Simpson
Birthdate: July 10, 1980
Birthplace: Abilene, Texas
Middle Name: Ann
- She’s won three Teen Choice Awards and two MTV Video Music Awards.
- Her song Irresistible broke the top 20 on four different charts in 2001.
- She played the leading role in The Dukes Of Hazzard, a movie that made $110 million worldwide.
Read more about Jessica Simpson.
No. 9: Christina Aguilera
Birthdate: December 18, 1980
Birthplace: Staten Island, NY
Middle Name: Maria
- Her debut album included three No. 1 singles: Genie In A Bottle, What A Girl Wants and Come On Over Baby.
- She and Pink, Lil Kim and Mya won Grammies for their remake of Lady Marmalade.
- With over 37 million albums sold worldwide she’s one of the world’s top-selling female artists of all time.
Read more about Christina Aguilera.
No. 8: Gwen Stefani
Birthdate: October 3, 1969
Birthplace: Anaheim, CA
Middle Name: Renee
- She was the lead singer of No Doubt before going solo.
- Her third solo single Hollaback Girl is the first digital download in the U.S. to sell more than a million copies.
- In 2005 she won the World’s Best-Selling New Female Artist award at the World Music Awards in 2005.
Read more about Gwen Stefani.
No. 7: Fergie
Birthdate: March 27, 1975
Birthplace: Hacienda Heights, CA
Real Name: Stacy Ann Ferguson
- She was nominated for a Grammy for the hit Big Girls Don’t Cry.
- In 2007 she won an American Music Award for Favorite Female Artist.
- Her album The Dutchess is one of just seven be a female artist to have five or more Top Five chart hits.
Read more about Fergie.
No. 6: Carrie Underwood
Birthdate: March 10, 1983
Birthplace: Muskogee, OK
Middle Name: Marie
- She was the big winner on season four of American Idol in 2005.
- In 2006 she won the Breakthrough Artist Of The Year Award at the American Music Awards.
- She was inducted into Nashville’s Grand Ole Opry in 2008.
Read more about Carrie Underwood.
No. 5: Taylor Swift
Birthdate: Dec. 13, 1989
Birthplace: Reading, Pennsylvania
Middle Name: Alison
- She’s one of the few female country artists to have five consecutive singles reach the top 10.
- Her first album, released in 2006, has since achieved triple-platinum status.
- She’s the youngest person ever to named Songwriter/Artist Of The year by the Nashville Songwriters Association International (2007).
Read more about Taylor Swift.
No. 4: Rihanna
Birthdate: Feb. 20, 1988
Birthplace: St. Michael, Barbados
Full Name: Robyn Rihanna Fenty
- She’s the first female recording artist from Barbados to win a Grammy.
- Her 2007 hit single Umbrella was named the most successful song in the world for that year.
- In just three years she’s scored 11 No. 1 singles on the Billboard charts and four No. 1s on the Hot Dance Club Play chart.
Read more about Rihanna.
No. 3: Alicia Keys
Birthdate: Jan. 25, 1980
Birthplace: New York, NY
Full Name: Alicia Augello-Cook
- In 2003 her album The Diary Of Alicia Keys sold more than 9 million copies worldwide.
- She had the most successful week of her career in 2007 when her album As I Am debuted at No. 1.
- She started playing the piano at age seven and went on to write her first song at just 14.
Read more about Alicia Keys.
No. 2: Mariah Carey
Birthdate: Mar. 27, 1969
Birthplace: Long Island, NY
Middle Name: Angela
- She has the most No. 1 singles by a solo artist in the U.S. with 18.
- She’s been nominated for 33 Grammies in total and has won five.
- She is the third bestselling female artist in the U.S. with 61.5 million albums sold.
Read more about Mariah Carey.
No. 1: Beyoncé Knowles
Birthdate: Sept. 4, 1981
Birthplace: Houston, TX
Middle Name: Giselle
- Her debut album won her five Grammy Awards in 2004.
- In 2004 she launched her own clothing line with her mom called House Of Dereon.
- Through her work on albums, movies and TV commercials, she’s earned more than $80 million in just one year.
Read more about Beyoncé Knowles.