Dear Dish-it: My Teeth Are Yellow
I tried whitening toothpaste but they're still yellow and I don't smile much because of it. I know some girls who got their teeth whitened...but I don't know how they did it. How do I get mine white, too?
Here are my suggestions on what you can do to make your teeth whiter:
- Make sure you keep on brushing your teeth at least twice a day - maybe even more! I carry an extra toothbrush and a mini tube of toothpaste in my purse. After I eat lunch, I duck into the nearest washroom and quickly brush my teeth!
- Stop drinking so much soda - the acids in cola stain your teeth.
- Try using a whitening toothpaste that includes a well-known dental association's stamp of approval, so you know it's safe to use.
- Dentists are able to bleach your teeth to make them much whiter, but first you'll have to get your parents' permission and then you'll have to go see the dentist so he or she can let you know whether bleaching your teeth is an option for you or not.
- If the dentist says it's OK for you to get your teeth bleached, be ready to shell out some big bucks!
- A cheaper option is to get an over-the-counter bleaching system from the drugstore - but ask your mom or dad to help you pick a safe one to use on your teeth.