America's Got Talent Season 5 Episode 14 :: Quarter Finals
Last night on America’s Got Talent, the quarter finals continued with the third group of 12 acts competing for a spot in the semi-finals.
America's Got Talent
- The South Philly Vikings, a dance crew, opened the show. Piers called them overgrown school children in robot costumes. Sharron apologized for Piers’s rudeness, and admitted that kids would love their act.
- Next, CJ Dippa, the 11 year old rapper, busted out some fresh rhymes. Piers said he couldn’t understand a word of his lyrics, but in CJ’s defense, you usually can’t understand rap lyrics anyway. Howie loved that he wrote his own song.
- Third, Harmonica Pierre performed Train’s ‘Hey Soul Sister’ on his harmonica. Howie said he’s truly a talent and he loved his modern spin on a classic instrument.
- Polina Volchek switched it up tonight by performing with ropes instead of her hula hoops. Unfortunately, the change left Piers feeling a little bored. Sharron, however, admitted that she could watch Polina for hours.
- The Strange Familiar, a musical couple, performed a song that the judges said didn’t quite suit the singer's voice. But Sharron still thinks they have great potential.
- Haspop, the popping artist/b-boy, brought the wow-factor to his performance. Sharron called it spectacular, and Piers said it was the best performance of the night so far.
- Luigi, one of the many male singers, was a little pitchy last night. All the judges thought they’ve seen him perform better.
- Chipps Cooney, the comedic magician, ran out of dumb magic tricks, so instead he decided to perform and Chippendale’s striptease. The judges didn’t like how he abandoned his character…and his clothes!
- Howie got a little hot and bothered when the bellydancing duo, Kaya and Sadie, hit the stage. Unlike Chipps Cooney, their shortage of clothes seemed to be crowd pleasing.
- Jeremy Vanschoonhaven, the bike riding stuntman, did the unthinkable. He hopped his bike from one tiny bar to another, at least six feet in the air, with people underneath…blind folded! His performances get bigger and better every time.
- Debra Romer, a singer and crowd favorite, found her confidence and sang her heart out. Piers even gave her a standing ovation.
- Finally, Studio One Young Beast Society showed what it takes to call themselves a dance crew. The judges loved them…and they’ve seen a lot of dance crews!
So who made it to the semi-finals? Haspop, Debra Romer, Studio One Young Beast Society and Jeremy Vanschoonhaven.
- America’s Got Talent Season 5 Episode 1
- America’s Got Talent Season 5 Episode 13 :: Quarter Finals
- Becoming a Game Show Host
- Becoming a Video Game Tester