So You Think You Can Dance Season 7 :: Top 4
It’s the second to last week of So You Think You Can Dance season 7, and the top 4 are competing for a spot in the finale.
Courtesy of Fox
- First up, the top 4 dancers performed a Broadway routine from the play Guys and Dolls. Guest judge Tyce Diorio said that Kent stood out from the pack.
- Next, Lauren and Pasha delivered a tango routine. Nigel said it had incredible passion, intensity and control. And it showed why she deserved a place in the finale.
- Adechike and all-star Lauren performed Afro-Jazz. The judges called it a fun routine, but pointed out that he dances with too much tightness in his upper body.
- Robert and Anya performed a Viennese Waltz. Nigel complimented his beautiful carriage, and Mia called him the prince of the season.
- Next, Kent and Courtney delivered an energetic disco. The judges thought it was good, except for Mia who called it his worst performance of the season.
- Lauren and Ade performed a jazz routine in which Lauren played a black widow. Nigel said it was masculine work danced in a feminine way. Adam even said he wants to hire her!
- In Adechike and Kathryn’s routine, Nigel noticed that he lost a little wind towards the end. Mia wanted more from him. She said he has the potential to be a superhero dancer.
- Robert and Dominic played scary clowns in their hip-hop routine (talk about nightmares!). The judges said that Robert can do whatever they throw at him. He made the piece magic.
- Neil and Kent closed the show with a powerful contemporary piece about a guy who stabs his friend in the back. It gave the judges chills. Mia said it was so uncomfortably real. And she thought the combination of choreographer Travis Wall, and dancers Kent and Neil was perfect.
So who made it to the finale? The most deserving dancers—Lauren, Kent and Robert!