America's Got Talent Season 5 Episode 16 :: YouTube Auditions
For the first time ever on America’s Got Talent, the judges opened the quarter finals to YouTube auditions. This week, the top 12 YouTube acts performed live. And America was amazed by the undeniable talent.
- First up was Plutonic, a group of male students who sing a cappella (without background music). Piers thought it was cheesy, but well done. Sharron said they were confident and likeable, but she hates a cappella music.
- Second, 12 year old Dylan Plummer before an unbelievable skipping routine. Howie appreciated how technical his tricks were, and he sees a future for Dylan. But he needs time to perfect his routine.
- Next, Pup and his owner performed. Well, his owner did anyway. Pup was supposed to play the accordion, but he broke the strap at the beginning of the act and gave up.
- Singer Cam Hodges didn’t wow the judges because of a few off key notes. But they did agree that he has potential.
- Ryan Rodriguez called himself a dancer. But really he just ran around doing jumps and martial arts and climbing on the stage props. Howie said he doesn’t know what Ryan did, but he’s good at it.
- Austin Anderson didn’t get many laughs with his stand up comedy routine. Piers said it, plain and simple: he’s not very funny.
- Hip-hop dancer Booker Forte hit the stage next. He was a good dancer, but he didn’t have any moves that were new to the judges.
- Pizza Patt twirled and juggled pizzas—flaming pizzas!—like you’ve never seen before. But despite his talent, Piers said it’s not an act.
- Kristine Young sang a Carrie Underwood song. Sharron said she has a strong voice. But with so many amazing singers in the competition this year, Piers thinks she doesn’t measure up.
- At 16 years old, Maestro Alexander Bui is a piano prodigy. Unfortunately, Sharron buzzed him and called his performance boring.
- Dan Sperry, a magician grossed Howie out. Sharron couldn’t stop laughing in time to comment on his act. But the judges couldn’t deny that he has talent.
- The judges saved the best for last. Jackie Evancho is a 10 year old opera singer with a voice beyond her years. The judges gave her a standing ovation, calling her voice angelic and flawless. She’s a rare gem, who could easily steal the competition.
So who made it into the semi-finals? Jackie Evancho, Dan Sperry, Maestro Alexander Bui and Kristine Young.
- America’s Got Talent Season 5 Episode 1
- America’s Got Talent Season 5 Episode 15 :: Quarter Finals
- Becoming a Game Show Host
- Becoming a Video Game Tester