America's Got Talent Season 5 Episode 15 :: Quarter Finals
This week on America’s Got Talent, the final group of 12 acts performed in the quarter finals. But only 4 could move on to the semi-finals.
America's Got Talent
- Da Maniacs performed first, and Piers said they were entertaining but they lacked grace. Sharron said their mix of dance and comedy makes her smile.
- Nu Covenant sang next. Sharron complimented their stage presence, but admitted that their harmonies weren’t together.
- Anna and Patryk, the ballroom dancing 12 year olds, blew the judges away. Piers and Sharron both thought they could win. But Howie didn’t think they were grand enough for a headliner in Vegas.
- Next was Lindsey Stirling, the dancing violinist. Piers loved her look and choreography, but pointed out that she missed loads of notes. Sharron said she’d be better in a group of musicians, instead of solo.
- Doogie Horner, the struggling comedian, made all the judges laugh. But will his humor translate to America?
- Rudi Macaggi, the circus performer, did a handstand over the “circular saw of death!” Howie couldn’t watch, but Piers said it was the most extraordinary, dangerous, exciting thing he’d ever seen on the show.
- Taylor Matthews, America’s singing heartthrob, had a few shaky moments, but Piers admitted that he’s coming out of his comfort zone. Popstar potential? We think so!
- What can we say about Mary Ellen? She was Howie’s little pet project, but she didn’t deserve to compete was the rest of the talented acts in the quarter finals.
- ArcAttack, the electricity-conducting musicians, had to pull their performance outside…just in case. Piers said they’re one of the most unique acts he’s seen.
- Prince Poppycock is truly talented underneath his face paint and glorified clown costume. He has a great voice and stage presence, and the judges could see him on Broadway.
- Murray the Magician wowed everyone with an unbelievable trick. The judges called him larger than life, and said he deserved to be in Vegas.
- Finally, Strikers All-Stars performed. Howie said their dance group is incredibly talented, but their performance was a step down from their audition.
So which four acts made it to the semi-finals? Murray the Magician, Taylor Matthews, Prince Poppycock and ArcAttack.