Quiz the Coach :: Fundraising For Sports Fees
Hey all! I’m fanatic of basketball. I’m really upset because I have to pay $75 just to play on the school’s basketball team. What should I do?
from juan izz mehh boyyyiiiiii_5557
Car Wash Collaboration
Basketball Shoe Bonus
Signs of Success
These days schools are not getting the proper funding from the government. There’s this little thing called a “economy problem”… I don’t know if you’ve heard about it. Anyways, it costs money for schools to run sports and it’s important that we all chip in.
You might find this shocking, but people actually want to support you and your basketball / school career! I’m talking about strangers and people in your community. Sports are a great way to get young people active and doing things positive, so people will pay good money for fundraising events that support sports.
Sign of Success
The secret to getting people to support you is your sign. People want to see that you are putting lots of effort into this so you have to put effort into your sign. If you make a sign that says your fundraising for your basketball fees, include how much money you need, (maybe even include a little scale that shows how close you are to your goal), there’s a good chance that you can make that $75 plus extra money to buy new Air Jordans. Here’s a list of all the different types of fundraisers that are great for making money for students and athletes:
- 50/50 Raffle
- Car Wash (have some fun in the sun with your teammates)
- Walkathon (Why not try a Basketball-a-thon)
- A Karaoke Party (Get your mom to bake some treats)
- Sell Candy, Chocolates or Cookies (Steal a piece of the Girl Guide Business)
- Flowers For Holidays (Contact a Nursery that will sell you flowers at a huge discount and take advantage of a holiday season for a profit)
- Garage Sale (get together with some neighbours and sell your junk)
- Get help from your coach (Coaches have connections and great ideas for fundraising events)
Making a little money to get on your team will be a very rewarding experience. Not only will you get to play basketball, but you will feel good about making the money, overcoming an obstacle and realizing that the people around you want to help you, if you are positive and hard working.