Brandon Pacheco Q&A
Thirteen year old Canadian singer Brandon Pacheco has made the leap from internet success to getting signed and performing for live audiences. His YouTube videos skyrocketed to 600 000 hits and it was only a matter of time before his soul and positivity got noticed by Justin Bieber’s producer Rob Wells—find out more in this Q&A!
Brandon owes his success so far to supportive family and fans on the internet!
Brandon has been working with Justin Bieber's producer to perfect his sound
Brandon first started singing because his mother went blind
Kidzworld: When did you first realize you wanted to make music?
- Brandon Pacheco: When I was around six-ish and my mother got blind because she used to sing to me “you are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy…” when I was younger and then when she went blind I started singing it for her and then she got happy, and also I like making people happy and I thought that the only way I could do that is through my singing.
KW: You have a lot of views on YouTube, do you think the internet has played a big role in your success?
- Brandon: Yes definitely, because without YouTube I definitely never would have gotten anywhere.
KW: Your single Broke Up has just come out with an album to follow, can you tell us a little bit about what the album is like?
- Brandon: All the songs on the EP have a clear message, like Broke Up is about leaving behind and having new beginnings, and Soul is like, whatever happened to like soul in the old days, where everything was in your heart and not just for the money and everything. Take Your Time is about taking your time growing up, you need a childhood and you don’t want to grow up too fast cause your childhood prepares you for the future, and Work it Out talks about global issues, like instead of fighting and going through wars we can be happy and celebrate instead.
KW: It sounds like your messages are really positive, who or what are some of your inspirations?
- Brandon: Justin Bieber and Bruno Mars are my two inspirations at this moment.
KW: What is the most exciting thing you’ve got to do since getting discovered?
- Brandon: Probably working with Rob because he’s worked with a bunch of great people and everything like Justin Bieber and the Backstreet Boys, at first it was overwhelming because I was just a little kind and I didn’t know anything about actually recording but then eventually I got comfortable with Rob and now it’s a piece of cake recording.
KW: Who would you like to work with in the future?
- Brandon: Bruno Mars and Justin Bieber or Selena Gomez, I don’t want to just sing any random song I want there to be a message behind it, I’m really happy with all my songs right now because even if you don’t really listen or pay attention to the actual words or if you don’t read between the lines you can totally hear that its definitely about something, not just a song. It’s a song with lyrics that mean something.
KW: What’s your favorite song by another artist right now?
- Brandon: Who Says by Selena Gomez
KW: Were you nervous about performing on television the first time?
- Brandon: Yeah, yes I was, because like, especially if its live, if I messed up then there’s no turning back!
KW: What’s something a lot of people don’t know about you?
- Brandon: Maybe that I’m actually like really positive, I mean really positive, and maybe that I like to dance!
KW: How do your family and friends feel about your success so far?
- Brandon: They’re happy and supportive.
What’s Your Fave...
Movie: Don’t really have one
Book: Harry Potter Series
Color: Light blue
Check out Brandon's amazing new single Broke Up!