Ashley Argota Q&A
If you’ve ever watched True Jackson VP, Ashley Argota is a familiar face. This summer, Ashley’s career is taking off with the lead role in a brand-new sitcom: Bucket and Skinner’s Epic Adventures. Kidzworld caught up with Ashley to ask her all about it!
On her last show Ashley played Lulu, a dedicated fashionista
Ashley hanging with Miranda Cosgrove
Ashley's new show Bucket and Skinner's Epic Adventures is all about friends who love the beach!
Kidzworld: You have a new show coming out, can you tell us about it?
- Ashley: The show is about two best friends who live on the beach, love to surf, eat tacos, and are always in search of their next epic adventure. Bucket has a huge crush on my character, Kelly, and does whatever he can to try and win her over. It just began airing on Friday, July 1st, so you have plenty of time to catch up every Sunday on Nickelodeon at 7/6c.
KW: What is your character like in the new show?
- Ashley: My character is very smart and confident. She's a surf instructor at the surf shop and the popular girl in school. Kelly is the kind of girl that you can take to the prom, but also just surf and hang out with. She's very responsible and loves to make everyone happy. She also has kind of a crazy side to her-- she freaks out when things aren't quite going her way.
KW: Do you think you’re similar to her at all?
- Ashley: I'm very much the kind of girl that wants to make everyone happy, so I definitely identify with that part of her. I was also a really good student when I was in school. However, Kelly is an excellent surfer, and I've never even tried surfing before! I also don't think that I freak out as easily as she does.
KW: Many fans already know you from your role on True Jackson VP, what is like being on the set of that show?
- Ashley: Being on the set of True Jackson was absolutely incredible. The entire cast and crew were wonderful to work with. Everyone was so nice and SO funny. It never really felt like work because we would all goof off and make each other laugh all the time. There was never a dull moment. I had the most amazing time working on the show.
KW: In True Jackson VP you play a fashion assistant, are a fashionista in real life as well?
- Ashley: I wouldn't call myself a total fashionista, but I'm getting there! Lulu's clothes on True Jackson were pretty eccentric and out there, but I actually did learn a lot about clothes from being on the show. There were certain prints and pieces that I didn't even know could go together, and our wardrobe lady, Alison (who also does our wardrobe for Bucket & Skinner's!), would throw these awesome combinations together and I would be like "WHOA! That DOES look really cute!!"
KW: When did you first realize you wanted to act?
- Ashley: When I was five years old. My mom put me into acting classes and I loved it so much that I never wanted to stop. My first job was a Jungle Book 2 commercial and I got to sing and dance around a tree and I was like "I can do this for a living?! This is so cool!!!"
KW: You are also a talented singer, do you have any music projects coming up?
- Ashley: I'm going to New York soon to attend NYU, and while I'm there I'll be working with a producer and songwriter. Hopefully, I'll have new music out soon!
KW: Who are some of your musical influences?
- Ashley: Kelly Clarkson, Miley Cyrus, Adele (AMAZING VOICE!) and Lady Gaga because she's so creative.
KW: You’re an ambassador for the Starlight Children’s Foundation, can you tell us about that?
- Ashley: The Starlight Children's Foundation helps kids with terminal or life threatening diseases. They do things such as in-hospital entertainment and fun carnival events to try and get the patients and their families’ minds off of hospitals and their diseases. I'm very happy to be a part of such a wonderful organization. I go to as many events as I can, and those are always so much fun. I get to hang out with the kids and dance with them or do arts and crafts. Even just spending a few minutes with them and talking can totally brighten up their entire day. I had a few of the kids and their families’ come to my 18th birthday party where they met a bunch of Nickelodeon and Disney kids. The looks on their faces were priceless.
KW: What is something most fans don’t know about you?
- Ashley: That I want to be a surgeon. It's something that I've always been interested in. When I was little I always said that I would be a singing doctor. I haven't given up on that dream.
- Movie: The Social Network, all of the Harry Potter movies, Edward Scissorhands, Titanic, and Breakfast at Tiffanys
- Band: Paramore
- Book: All of the Harry Potter books, anything by Sarah Dessen, and the Great Gatsby
- Food: Spaghetti