Totally Amp’d App
The first sitcom for smartphones and tablets, Totally Amp’d invites kids and tweens to join an up-and-coming band and try their hands at being music producers, fashion stylists, music video makers and more. Featuring a 10 “appisode” live-action music comedy series, an original soundtrack and a suite of interactive tools designed to immerse users in the action, the entertainment App tells the story of five talented teenagers who come together in the hopes of becoming the next big pop group. Totally Amp’d is available now in the Apple App Store. The first appisode and related activities of Totally Amp’d is available for free download, and the remaining content can be unlocked for a one-time fee of $4.99 (U.S./Canada). Visit totallyampd.com for more details.
The 10 six to nine-minute live action appisodes of Totally Amp’d tell the story of five talented teenagers who come together in the hopes of becoming the next big pop group. When XMP! Music announces a contest for a new band to win a spot opening for pop sensation Charlie Fever, the label’s savvy receptionist-turned-manager, Zoe (Ashley Leggat), taps a group of teens to form the band Totally Amp’d to bring home the prize—and show up her arrogant boss. Through the course of the series, Zoe and her handpicked crew navigate the rocky—and hilarious—road to fame while trying to make their dreams come true.
With each Totally Amp’d appisode, interactive content is unlocked that turns iOS devices into sophisticated music, movie and design studios. Users can create posters and album covers, customize the band’s look, direct music videos, remix and upload their own vocals to original songs, and more. Kids will have endless hours of artistic activity at their fingertips as they create their own Totally Amp’d custom content. Visit www.totallyampd.com for more information and to the meet the cast.
- First mobile app series for kids and tweens – 60 minutes of live-action, broadcast quality content
- Compelling and comedic original story within a pop music setting
- 38 minutes of original music, including seven original songs
Three interactive creative studios that let users get in on the act:
- Music Studio
- Movie Studio
- Design Studio
- Nearly limitless content - users can sing and remix songs, direct music videos, create artwork, and more
Cast and Talent
- Starring Ashley Leggat (Life with Derek) as Zoe, Cristine Prosperi (Degrassi: The Next Generation) as Aria & Demetrius Joyette (Wingin’ It) as Brando
- Totally Amp’d is executive produced by Christina Jennings, Scott Garvie, and Shane Kinnear; produced by Daniel Dales, Jarrett Sherman, and Jay Bennett; and published by XMG Studio
- The live-action series is directed by Benjamin Weinstein (Life with Derek, Baxter) and written by Karen McClellan (Being Erica)
- All original music written and composed by award-winning composer Jared Gutstadt, CEO and co-founder of Jingle Punks (The Voice)