Do-it-Yourself Triangle Flags
Summer has some very patriotic holidays that all boast amazing flag displays. Whether it’s 4th of July in the U.S.A., Bastille Day in France or Canada Day in Canada, there’s going to be flags a flying! And of course many parties to celebrate. And what a better way to decorate your celebration than with your own flags?
These fun triangle flags are great to hang from the ceiling or in a doorway and are easy to make. Plus they look wonderful just about anywhere!
What You’ll Need:
- Felt of various colors
- Twine or string
- Fabric glue (most glues will work just fine)
1. Cut the cardboard into a diamond shape. Half of the diamond will be the size of your flag so keep that in mind.
2. Trace the diamond onto your felt and cut it out.
3. Fold the diamond tip-to-tip so that you have a triangle shape.
4. Iron the fold so that it stays and won’t flop back to a diamond shape. You may want some experienced help with this, because irons can be very hot!
5. Arrange the now triangle shaped flags along the string with the spacing and arrangement of colors you’d like.
6. Arrange the fold of the felt flags so that they fold over the string.
7. Glue the two sides of the felt together and let them sit until they dry.
8. Hang your flags where they look best and celebrate!
Flags are the Perfect Summer Decoration
Courtesy of www.gwennypenny.com
You can also cut out felt letters for each flag and make it say something. This would be perfect for a Happy Birthday banner or a special message to a friend. Use the fabric glue to attach it to the flag and it’s easier than easy!
Have Your Say
What colors or words will your flags have? Where will you hang your flags? Tells us in the comments section below!