How to Capture Summer Memories: Scrapbooking
Summer is a time when you go on adventures, meet new friends and have experiences you’ll not want to forget. The best way to remember those warm summer times is to make a scrapbook. Whether you were at summer camp or on vacation with your family or simply hanging with friends at home, you’ll have pictures and ticket stubs and mementos you may want to compile so you can remember the things you learned and the good times you had.
Scrapbooks Help Hold Your Memories Courtesy of dayliliescreative.wordpress.com
Arrange Each Page to Share your Memory Courtesy of scrapbooking.about.com
Scrapbooks are Perfect for Storing Summers Courtesy of simplekids.net
Making a scrapbook is a fun way to organize all the photos you have and all the keepsakes that you’ve collected. It’s easy to let those memories get tangled up and because they’re so messy you may never look back to them. This way you can make sure that you and your friends and family will be able to remember what each summer held.
There are several ways to make scrapbooks. You can purchase blank scrapbooks from most craft stores and fill them in yourself or you can make your own book using paper and rings to bind the book. There are many online options too where you can create a page for your scrapbook and print it off. Whatever you choose it’s best to have a good sense of the story you want to tell and the memories you want to keep.
- A book (a blank scrapbook or a homemade one)
- Keepsakes: ticket stubs, business cards, notes, receipts, luggage tags
- Markers, pencils
- Glue stick
- Get your book. If you’re going to make your own book think about making the pages before you bind it.
- Choose your favorite photos.
- Divide the photos into events, i.e. a special dinner, a city you visited, an activity you did.
- Add keepsakes to each event, i.e. a napkin with the restaurant name, a map of the city you visited.
- Arrange each event on the page or pages. Make sure to leave room to write in notes or headings. You can layers things and add decorative paper or drawings to make the pages visually interesting. You can also cut and crop the photos to better fit on the page.
- Glue the photos and keepsakes and decorations in place.
- Add stickers if you like.
- Write notes about the photos or keepsakes. Like the names of the people or places in the photos, or short stories about what’s going on in the photo.
- Decorate the cover of your scrapbook and make sure to title and date it.
- Enjoy your memories!
Have Your Say
What memories from this summer would you like to put in a scrapbook? Share them in the comment’s section below!