Hart of Dixie TV Show Facts
Hart of Dixie premiered on The CW in fall 2011.
The show centers around main character Zoe Hart (Rachel Bilson), a new doctor who recently graduated from med school in New York. With a lack of jobs available in NYC, Zoe heads down to Alabama to work at a small private practice. She soon discovers that living down South may not be as fun as she thought. Zoe immediately causes trouble with Lemon (Jamie King), a Southern belle who is engaged to one of Zoe’s only allies in town, George (Scott Porter). With Lemon against her and George on her side Zoe must make friends with her attractive neighbor Wade (Wilson Bethel) and former football star Lavon (Cress Williams) if she is going to survive life in the Deep South.
Did You Know?
- Zoe’s birthday is October 24, 1982
- The title Hart of Dixie is a play on words – in Alabama, the phrase "Heart of Dixie" must appear on every car license plate.
- In the show, the town’s local watering hole the Rammer Jammer is shot in the same location as Merlotte’s in True Blood
- Lemon and Magnolia Breeland are both named after different types of trees
- Josh Schwartz is the executive producer for the show. Previously, he worked with Rachel Bilson on the teen TV show The OC.
- Rachel Bilson and Wilson Bethel were the first two stars cast for the show.
Have Your Say
Do you have any Hart of Dixie trivia? Help us add to the list!