Make Your Own Hot Cocoa
The weather outside is cold, rainy, snowy or just plain freezing and the sun goes down not long after school. It’s deep winter and there is only one thing that can really warm you up: hot cocoa!
Warm and Sweet Hot Cocoa Courtesy of thefarmgirlrecipe.blogspot.com
Store the Cocoa Powder in a Airtight Container Courtesy of yumsugar.com
Wrap it Up and Give it as a Gift Courtesy of handletheheat.com
If giving it as a gift tie a ribbon around the top of the container and attach the directions to make a cup of cocoa, steps 4-6 below. Type out a little card or handwrite it, either way whoever gets your sweet gift will love it.
- 3 ½ cups dry milk powder
- 1 2/3 cups sifted confectioner’s sugar (also called icing sugar)
- ½ cup and 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup and 2 tablespoons powdered non-dairy creamer
- Glass airtight containers
- In a large mixing bowl combine milk powder, sugar, cocoa powder and creamer.
- Stir until all are mixed together.
- To store cocoa mixture use airtight container.
- For 1 serving of hot cocoa: use 1/3 cup cocoa mixture and ¾ cup boiling water or hot milk and pour into a mug.
- Stir to dissolve.
- Top with whipped cream or marshmallows!
Have Your Say!
Do you use marshmallows with your hot cocoa or do you prefer whipped cream? Or do you use something else? Share your thoughts in the comment’s section below!