How to Make a Scrap Book
If you're looking to get crafty, making a scrapbook is a fabulous way to keep all of your photos and memories you've collected in one place. It's a fun and creative way to put together a book full of your favorite experiences and events so you can always look back on your memories and never lose anything. It can be anything you want it to be - a scrapbook is basically just a place to collect things that remind you of the good times you had!
Making a scrapbook is super easy - all you need is a book with blank pages. You don't need to buy an actual scrapbook from a craft store but you can if you like, it can just be any blank notebook. The bigger the better though as you want enough room to add stickers, illustrations, text or anything else else!
What you need:
An empty scrapbook
All your photos and keepsakes
Card stock in any color your like
Pencil and eraser
Any extra decorative items you'd like (example: stickers, glitter, metallic pens, confetti etc)
1. Gather photos, mementos, ticket stubs, postcards and anything else you want to add to the scrapbook.
2. Start dividing up your photos and keepsakes into groups that you want to go together.
3. Once you know what you want on each page, it's time to start designing your layout! Experiment with color and placement before you glue anything, and figure out what additional decorative items you want with each photo or memento. Once it's glued on it will be hard to take off so make sure it's just the way you want it before you stick it on permanently!
3. Personalize each page with your own illustrations, stickers, and other other decorative touches. This is the most fun part so don't be afraid to go wild and really make it reflect your personality.
4. Once you're all done you can now start decorating the cover! Cover it with some nice fabric, stencils, monograms or paper and you're all done!
Once you start scrapbooking, don't be surprised that you start finding it addictive. Not only is it a fun creative outlet that you can do with friends, the finished product is always going to be something you'll want to keep forever.
Have your say
If your scrapbook had a theme, what woudl it be? Share your thoughts in the comments below!