Ryan Sheckler Interview (pg. 2)
Simon: What's the best way to improve your skating and what tricks give you the most trouble?
Ryan Sheckler: There is nothing better than practice. Practice your heart out. The ollie took me a while to master but the one that took me the longest to master was the kickflip. I used to practice 100 kickflips a day for about a year when I was younger and I have kickflips on lock now. I can basically do them every single time now but it was the hardest trick I ever had to learn.
Simon: What about the new movie you just finished working on, Dish Dogs? Ryan Sheckler: It's about this kid who runs away from home and goes to this skateboard camp. But he doesn't have any money so he works as a dish dog, doing dishes and then he skates on the side. It was super fun. I had a blast. It was a set that I felt super comfortable on.
Simon: Do you like doing dishes?
Ryan Sheckler: I do more chores than most of my friends, but the one I hate the most is doing the dishes. I don't mind doing laundry or cleaning up but the dishes are kind of weird.
Simon: Sindy, and a bunch of other girls I know have been wondering if you have a girlfriend. Do you?
Ryan Sheckler: Ryan Sheckler does not have a girlfriend. There's lots of girls I see going crazy at skate competitions. It's pretty cool and it's pretty funny that I get all this attention from skating.
To read the beginning of Kidzworld's interview with Ryan Sheckler and to learn more about Ryan, click here.
Ryan Sheckler's Faves
- Favorite Band: "I'm gonna have to say The Cure. I'm in that mode right now and The Cure is definitely doing it for me."
- Favorite Sport Other Than Skating: "I ride dirtbikes. It's kind of my second hobby."
- Favorite Skateboarder: "Rodney Mullen's always been my favorite and now that he's on my same team. He's my mentor, for sure."
- Favorite Chow: "I like to eat a lot of chicken. It's my favorite food."
- Favorite Book Right Now: "I'm reading Fast Food Nation right now. I just started reading this book and it's starting to get pretty gnarly."