How to Deal With A Bully
Imagine this. Today is the big day: B-ball tryouts and you are stoked. As you're warming up, a really good player (but a jerk) says to you in front of your peeps, "Oh C'mon (your name here), what are you doing here? You suck at basketball" They all laugh, you say nothing and try to pick up your face. If that ain't bad enough, you get picked on every day after that. Whazzup with that? What can you do?
Okay, if you want to be a better player, you practice. Here are some skillz you can practice to help you deal with bullies.
- Ignore them. Remember bullies like attention. Don't give them a stage to be a clown.
- Step up. If you are afraid, it's okay. Just use your fear to face them and not let them beat you down. I don't mean fight back with your fists, but use your mind. Keep your head up and be positive.
- Speak out. Let your friends, moms and pops, teachers or somebody know that you are being bullied. They will listen and they will be able to help.
- Spread luv. Lead by example. Don't put other people down cuz you feel hurt. Be nice and learn to laugh with your buds, not at them.
- Luv yourself. When you give yourself the right props, nobody can make you feel bad. Wake up every morning, look in the mirror, smile and say, "It's going to be a good day".
"At the time, my grandparents told my mom, 'Lordy what is Shannen doing?' Now I've calmed down."[on her reputation for bad behavior]
- Shannen Doherty, Actress
"Never look down on anybody or anything unless you're helping them up." - Jessie Jackson, Politician
If you got something buggin' ya, ask Dear Dish-It.