Simon's Blog - February 28, 2006
February 28, 2006
It's Fat Tuesday today - time for me to stuff my face with food until I can no longer walk - or end up having to barf it all up. I started my Fat Tuesday celebrations with a huge pancake breakfast courtesy of my mom, who takes this holiday pretty seriously. She's cool with eating like a pig today, but then trys to spend the next 40 days observing Lent by not eating a lot of bad stuff, like potato chips, candy bars and fast food. She calls it a "spring cleaning of the body and soul". Whatever... just keep those pancakes coming.
I'm not too sure why it's necessary to give up eating stuff you like for 40 days. What's the point? If it's really that bad, why not just stop eating it forever? You won't catch me giving up potato chips or candy, but here's a few things I am going to cut down on for the next 40 days:
- Homework - I already spend way, way, way too much of my time doing homework and I still end up with straight C's. So, for the next 40 days, I'm going to spend no more than 10 minutes a day studying. (It'll be tough closing that algebra text book after 10 mins but I'm sure I'll find the inner strength).
- Soda Pop - As much as I love the instant sugar rush I get from slamming back a couple of cans of soda every day after school, my recent acne breakouts and a failing grade from my dentist tell me it's time for me to cut down on my soda slurping.
- Whining About Ben Stealing My Girlfriend - After reading some of the emails you guys have sent me over the last week, it seems that you think I'm being a bit of a crybaby about Ben going out with that girl that I liked. So, for the next 40 days, I'm not going to even think about it (but I'm sure they'll break up in less than 40 days anyway).
Are you celebrating Fat Tuesday or Mardis Gras? Anything you're thinking of giving up for the next 40 days? .
- Sindy's Blog - February 23, 2006
- Simon's Blog - February 14, 2006
- Sindy's Blog - February 9, 2006
- Simon's Blog - January 31, 2006
- More Free Online Blogs by Sindy and Simon