Plain White T's Band Biography
With 'Hey There Delilah' The Plain White T's have been getting some serious airplay. Kidzworld takes a closer look at the band.
- Tom Higgenson (Vocals)
- Dave Tirio (Guitar)
- Mike Retondo (Bass and Vocals)
- De'Mar Hamilton (Drums)
- Tim Lopez (Guitar and Vocals)
The Plain White T's started in a basement in Chicago in 1997. Tom Higgenson and his high school pal Dave Tirio played around with cover songs before they started to write their own, and soon they formed a band and started playing local gigs. They've had a couple members come and go over time, but the present day line-up is here to stay.
As the T's started getting a larger fan base in North America and overseas, they began to tour. On a recent tour, the band's trailer was burglarized and all of their equipment was stolen. When fans found out, they sent in letters, gifts, and cash to help their fave band get back on its feet.
After being dropped by their previous label, The Plain White T's were signed by Hollywood Records and released Every Second Counts. Fueled by athe song Hey There Delilah, the album peaked at #10 on the Billboard charts and the song itself reached number one in the USA, Germany and Canada.
Did you Know?
- The Plain White T's are nominated for Song of the Year and Best Pop Performance By A Group at the 2008 Grammys for Hey There Delilah. They also won a Teen Choice award for Choice Summer Song.
- The Plain White T's guest starred on Nickelodeon’s hit series [KWLINK 8952]iCarly in December 2007.
- The Plain White T's play the theme song for the ABC teen drama Greek.
The Plain White T's Say:
"Being up there, connecting with the fans - There's nothing like it." - Tom Higgenson
"Anyone can look good in a plain white T, and that's how we feel about our music. Anybody can hear it and enjoy it." - Tom Higgenson