Shaun the Sheep TV Show Facts
Shaun is really smart, for a sheep, just smart enough, in fact, to get everyone in really big trouble. Kidzworld checks out Shaun the Sheep.
- Shaun - Shaun has a curious nature which distinguishes him from the other sheep, and leads him into tricky situations all the time.
- Bitzer - Bitzer is the sheepdog who watches the flock. He never misses an opportunity to take it easy, which gives the animals plenty of opportunity for mischief.
- Farmer - The Farmer is a man who tends to his farm with his loyal dog. He goes about his business expressing little emotion except the occasional burst of frustration when things go wrong, or amusement at the results of some of Shaun's antics.
- The Flock - The Flock are typical sheep, content to spend the day chewing the cud until Shaun gets an idea into his head, when they will easily follow his lead.
- Shirley - Shirley is so much bigger than the other sheep that she has to be pushed from place to place and can eat just about anything that comes her way. She is useful as a trampoline, a battering ram and her fleece provides a hiding place for unlikely items.
- Timmy - Timmy is an adorable baby lamb who sucks a soother and gets into dangerous situations. He loves his teddy bear and will cry if he is without him.
- Timmy's Mother - Timmy's Mother wears curlers in her hair, and is a bit careless about being a mom. But when her baby goes astray, she freaks out until he is safely back in her care.
- The Naughty Pigs - The Naughty Pigs are housed in a yard next to the field, and are the sheep's enemy. Mocking, greedy and generally lazy, they still find time to disrupt Shaun's schemes.
- Shaun the Sheep first appeared in the 1995 Oscar-winning Wallace and Gromit film, A Close Shave.
- The show features no spoken dialogue, even from the humans.
- Like Wallace and Gromit, Shaun the Sheep references other parts of pop culture as part of its humor.
- A Shaun the Sheep video game is being developed exclusively for Nintendo DS.
- Shaun got his name from being shaved in the early film, because Shorn sounds like Shaun.