Sarah Michelle Gellar Biography
Birthdate: April 14, 1977
Birthplace: New York City, NY
She gave up her wooden stakes and disappeared for awhile, but Sarah Michelle Gellar is back (in a freaky sort of way) to star in the very scary sequel, The Grudge 2. Read on for her biography!
Sarah Michelle Gellar - Burger Queen
Only this buff babe could make chowing down look good. Sarah Michelle Gellar was discovered by an agent, at the ripe old age of four, while eating with her mom in a restaurant in her hometown of New York. Her first job was a commercial for Burger King, but it got her more than her first acting paycheck - it got her sued. Sarah Michelle Gellar was named in a suit McDonald's filed against their rival burger joint because she said McD's burgers were "smaller" than Burger King's.
Sarah Michelle Gellar - Getting Her Start
Sarah Michelle Gellar didn't let a little lawsuit stop her career. She went on to star as Kendall on the soap opera, All My Children. At just 17, she won an Emmy for her role!
Sarah Michelle Gellar - Kicking Butt
Despite her small stature, the 5'3" actress is a powerhouse who practices kickboxing, boxing, gymnastics and Tae Kwon Do (she has a brown belt). This made her the perfect candidate for a role on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. She originally auditioned for the role of Cordelia, but the producers knew a perfect slayer when they saw one and cast her in the lead instead.
Sarah Michelle Gellar - Hitting the Big Screen
Sarah Michelle Gellar's not just about slaying vamps though. She's done a ton of cool flicks like I Know What You Did Last Summer, Cruel Intentions, Scooby-Doo and Scooby-Doo 2. She also starred in the horror flick, The Grudge, and can currently be seen in The Grudge 2, co-starring Amber Tamblyn. Up next for Sarah Michelle Gellar is the movie version of The Girls' Guide to Hunting and Fishing, and both she and Freddie Prinze Jr. will be lending their voices for an animated comedy called Happily N'Ever After!
Sarah Michelle Gellar - Did U Know?
- Over the years, Sarah Michelle Gellar has collected a few tattoos - a Celtic symbol on her left hip, a Chinese symbol for integrity on the small of her back and a heart with a dagger hanging over it on the inside of her right ankle.
- Sarah Michelle Gellar is married to Freddie Prinze Jr.
- Sarah Michelle Gellar has three dogs, Cody, Tyson and Thor.
- Sarah Michelle Gellar collects rare editions of classic children's books.
- Sarah Michelle Gellar is actually a brunette! She dyed her hair blonde to play the vampire slayer, but has gone back to her natural roots since the TV series ended.
Sarah Michelle Gellar Says...
"My biggest complaint [about high school] is when it's Send-the-Roses day, somebody's always left out. I always got roses, but I would give them to someone who hadn't gotten any."