Top 10 Prom Songs 2009
We’ve got the year’s 10 best songs to make your graduation picture perfect!
1. Teenage Love Affair by Alicia Keys. This song is the perfect prom song. It talks about the typical high school crush and has a great beat to dance to.
2. Far Away by Nickelback. One of Nickelback's best love songs, the guitar riff in the beginning captures that loving moment. This is a must-have on your prom playlist.
3. Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis. How can you not love this song? It was number one on both the UK and US charts and was an international success. This kind of love song is rare and would make a great addition to your prom playlist.
4. With You by Chris Brown. This song is mixed with R&B and pop, it is a sweet love song to dance to.
5. Apologize by One Republic featuring Timbaland. Another hit from producer Timbaland, this song achieved commercial success internationally and is a well-written love song that everyone loves.
6. Graduation Song (Friends Forever) by Vitamin C. This is a classic song specifically for graduates. So be sure to add this one because it will fit the theme of your prom.
7. My Girl by The Temptations. This 1960's classic is one the most played love songs of all time. It's timeless and the lyrics are just so sweet, "I guess you say...what can make me feel this way?" Be sure to play this at your prom and see prom magic come to life.
8. Viva La Vida by Cold Play. The new single from Cold Play won a Grammy for the Best Song of the Year in 2009. It's hip and has good guitar.
9. Take a Bow by Rihanna. It's one of Rihanna's that talks about a broken heart. I like this song because it is a good R&B ballad and is good to slow dance to.
10. Magic by Robin Thicke. This R&B song is soulful and energetic. It's still a love song that most couples at prom can dance to. It sparks a positive feeling and creates magic in the room, play it when you want to energize the prom.