Top 10 Celebrity Tweets 2010
All your fave Hollywood stars were burning up the Internet during the past year – but who will be crowned King or Queen of Twitter for 2010? Kidzworld counts down the Top 10 Celebrity Tweets of the Year!
No. 10: Jessica Simpson’s New Pooch
Jessica Simpson shared a pic of her new “snuggle buddy” in January – a cute pooch that she borrowed for the night from her friends!
- The Tweet: “Sammy and I are falling asleep. Sweet snuggle companion.”
No. 9: Ellen DeGeneres Backstage @ American Idol
On her first night as an American Idol host, [kwlink 19315]Ellen DeGeneres posted a backstage video on Twitter!
- The Tweet: “They told me no pics. Can’t say where we’re taping – didn’t say anything about tweeting a video!”
No. 8: Drake’s I Dos…or I Don’ts?
Drake and Nicki Minaj
Drake’s relationship with Nicki Minaj is something gossipers love to talk about. But when the rapper tweeted about their “marriage” in August, Twitter went into overdrive! (We call that a total “tweet tease”…)
- The Tweet: “Please refer to @nickiminaj as Mrs. Aubrey Drake Graham and don’t stare at her too long. She’s finally mine. :)”
No. 7: Lady Gaga’s Followers
On November 6, Lady Gaga thanked her fans when she hit a whopping 7 million followers on Twitter.
- The Tweet: “7million little monsters! Thank u for all the amazing messages about BORN THIS WAY. They inspire me and keep me strong.”
No. 6: Kanye West’s Apology
Kanye West and Taylor Swift
- The Tweet: "I'm sorry Taylor."
No. 5: Joe Jonas’ True Emotions
Jonas Brothers and Justin Bieber
- The Tweet: "I cry because I love Justin Bieber!!!"
No. 4: Will.i.am’s World Cup Words
Will.i.am and Alicia Keys
- The Tweet: "20 years ago no one would have never thought the whole world would come to south africa for world cup...this is historic"
No. 3: Rihanna’s Confession
Rihanna and Justin Bieber
- The Tweet: "Justin Bieber just flashed me his abs in the middle of a restaurant! Wow! He actually had a lil 6 pack! Sexy, lol! #Beliebersplzdontkillme."
No. 2: Justin Bieber
Kim Kardashian and Justin Bieber
- The Tweet: “Look, it’s my girlfriend @kimkardashian.”
No. 1: Stephen Colbert’s Good Cause
Not many kids know who Stephen Colbert is, but the funny show host took the official award for the most re-tweeted tweet of the year – and it was for a good cause, too, pointing to the disastrous effects that the big oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico had on birds and animals in the area.
- The Tweet: "In honor of oil-soaked birds, 'tweets' are now 'gurgles'."
Follow Kidzworld on Twitter
Have Your Say: What was your fave celebrity Tweet? Any others stand out that didn't make the list? Who do you think will be the most re-Tweeted of 2011?