Top 10 Celebrity Tweets 2010
All your fave Hollywood stars were burning up the Internet during the past year – but who will be crowned King or Queen of Twitter for 2010? Kidzworld counts down the Top 10 Celebrity Tweets of the Year!
No. 10: Jessica Simpson’s New Pooch
Jessica Simpson shared a pic of her new “snuggle buddy” in January – a cute pooch that she borrowed for the night from her friends!
- The Tweet: “Sammy and I are falling asleep. Sweet snuggle companion.”
No. 9: Ellen DeGeneres Backstage @ American Idol
On her first night as an American Idol host, [kwlink 19315]Ellen DeGeneres posted a backstage video on Twitter!
- The Tweet: “They told me no pics. Can’t say where we’re taping – didn’t say anything about tweeting a video!”
No. 8: Drake’s I Dos…or I Don’ts?
Drake’s relationship with Nicki Minaj is something gossipers love to talk about. But when the rapper tweeted about their “marriage” in August, Twitter went into overdrive! (We call that a total “tweet tease”…)
- The Tweet: “Please refer to @nickiminaj as Mrs. Aubrey Drake Graham and don’t stare at her too long. She’s finally mine. :)”
No. 7: Lady Gaga’s Followers
On November 6, Lady Gaga thanked her fans when she hit a whopping 7 million followers on Twitter.
- The Tweet: “7million little monsters! Thank u for all the amazing messages about BORN THIS WAY. They inspire me and keep me strong.”
No. 6: Kanye West’s Apology
- The Tweet: "I'm sorry Taylor."
No. 5: Joe Jonas’ True Emotions
- The Tweet: "I cry because I love Justin Bieber!!!"
No. 4: Will.i.am’s World Cup Words
- The Tweet: "20 years ago no one would have never thought the whole world would come to south africa for world cup...this is historic"
No. 3: Rihanna’s Confession
- The Tweet: "Justin Bieber just flashed me his abs in the middle of a restaurant! Wow! He actually had a lil 6 pack! Sexy, lol! #Beliebersplzdontkillme."
No. 2: Justin Bieber
- The Tweet: “Look, it’s my girlfriend @kimkardashian.”
No. 1: Stephen Colbert’s Good Cause
Not many kids know who Stephen Colbert is, but the funny show host took the official award for the most re-tweeted tweet of the year – and it was for a good cause, too, pointing to the disastrous effects that the big oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico had on birds and animals in the area.
- The Tweet: "In honor of oil-soaked birds, 'tweets' are now 'gurgles'."
Follow Kidzworld on Twitter
Have Your Say: What was your fave celebrity Tweet? Any others stand out that didn't make the list? Who do you think will be the most re-Tweeted of 2011?