Jennifer Saunders from Never Say Never Q&A
Justin Bieber’s Never Say Never just got released on Blu-ray and DVD, making us revisit all our favourite parts, one of the sweetest and most touching is when he surprises violinist Jennifer Saunders in his home town playing in front of the Avon theatre where he used to play. We caught up with Jennifer to see what she had to say about it, and what she’s up to now!
Jennifer was "in a daze" after meeting Justin!
Kidzworld: How did you first become interested in music?
- Jennifer Saunders: When I was 3 years old my dad gave me a violin for my birthday
KW: How long have you played the violin for?
- Jennifer: For about 8 and a half years
KW: Do you play any other instruments?
- Jennifer: Yes I do, I play the piano and clarinet
KW: Do you like one better than the others?
- Jennifer: No, not really, I like all of them
KW: Are you doing any upcoming acting?
- Jennifer: I didn’t really act in the Justin Beiber movie, it was not staged, I was really shocked
KW: Did you find it strange seeing yourself on screen the first time?
- Jennifer: Yeah!
KW: What was it like when you found out you were going to be in Never Say Never?
- Jennifer: It was really exciting, how we found out is we were watching tv, well my mom was watching the weather and a preview came on and my mom said ‘oh my god there’s Justin Beiber on TV and I was in the preview!
KW: Did you get to know Justin Beiber ?
- Jennifer: Not really! Sort of twice, I saw him twice, I saw him once in the parking lot after and he waved.
KW: Did you feel starstruck when you saw him?
- Jennifer: Yeah a lot, it was like, such a big shock, I was in a daze, like in a daze for a day.
KW: What do you think of Justin’s music? Were you a fan before the film?
- Jennifer: Oh yes, he’s very talented, like a lot.
KW: What’s your fave song of his?
- Jennifer: I would say Never Say Never
KW: Do you think you’ll play music for the rest of your life? Would you ever do pop music?
- Jennifer: Yeah I think so, I like music, I like pop. I would like to be in a symphony for violin, but piano is more for fun.
KW: Who would you like to work with most in the future?
- Jennifer: I like Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift
Movie: Harry Potter Movies
Music: Taylor Swift or Justin Beiber
Food: Perogies (and maybe tacos too!)
Check out this clip of Justin surprising Jennifer, from Never Say Never!