Kw-logo-smaller

SYTYCD Winners Chehon and Eliana Q&A

For the first time on So You Think You Can Dance two ballet dancers were crowned the winners. Both 23-year-old Chehon Wespi-Tschopp and 21-year-old Eliana Girard were named America’s favorite dancers on September 18th, check out our Kidzworld Q&A with the SYTYCD winners to find out more!

KW: You both seemed pretty surprised at the results, and since Cyrus and Tiffany seemed like fan favorites, can you tell us what was going through your head?

  • Eliana: Um, I forgot my name, I was not expecting it, I wasn’t prepared, honestly blacked out it was like ‘what just happened?’ I was happy of course, and it was so awesome.
  • Chehon: The same I really anticipated being runner up, and runner up on that show is such a special spot so I was going to be fine with it and I didn’t think I was gonna win so I didn’t have anything prepared. I didn’t know what to say or do or how to act.

KW: What would you say was your defining moment on the show?

  • Chehon: My moment was when my mom was able to come because for some reason that week was the week I thought I would be going home. That week I did hip hop and I thought it would be  my last, and I just wanted to make the last show about enjoying it and for some reason it just made everything come together

KW: Eliana, was your reaction one of joy or just shock? Did you think Tiffany would win over you even though Nigel called you his favorite dancer?

  • Eliana: I was in absolute shock, she’s such a beautiful dancer and amazing person. It was shock.

KW: You originally said you wanted to go on the show to give ballet a good name, did you think it had a bad reputation or what did you want people to see?

  • Eliana: I think ballet has always been underappreciated in the show, I think it has a lot to offer and I just wanted people to see that.

KW: Do you think it was a coincidence that you are both ballet dancers and won the competition and do you think you succeeded because of that.

  • Chehon: I don’t think I was supposed to make it this far! I don’t think they thought I would grow as much as I did, and I tried to come into my auditions with a new take on ballet, but its definitely great we both made it, I wish I had got to dance with Eliana more on the show, but maybe on tour!
  • Eliana: I think people definitely saw a new side of it, and it’s a great foundation to have a dance foundation and there more sides to it.

KW: Chehon, there were points in the show where Nigel asked you to ‘enjoy’ your performances more, do you think you did or did you always see it as work?

  • Chehon: I was really scared of failing in this competition and so I’d try get it all, but I really needed to break through that barrier and fear of being vulnerable on stage, but it was definitely just pressure in the beginning of needing to be good and I knew there was so much to live up to because everyone is so good. Later on I realized it’s about the journey and about your growth. I’m used to doing ballet competitions and they aren’t as much about personality, whereas you need viewers to connect with you in other dances.

KW: Would you guys like to return on another season on SYTYCD?

  • Eliana: Absolutely!

KW: Why do you think ballet dancers made an impact this season?

  • Eliana: I think America is starting to see what hard work it is, and how beautiful it is.
  • Chehon: It takes so much work and so much dedication and I think many people don’t know the ballet world as much as street dancers.

Have Your Say

What did you think of Season 9 of SYTYCD? Let us know in the comments section below.

 

>
>

readers voted!

Comments

JennyD

JennyD wrote:

wha this?
commented: Wed Aug 14, 2013

Macbarbie09

Macbarbie09 wrote:

Cool.
commented: Wed Aug 14, 2013

hugebear

hugebear wrote:

nice
commented: Wed Aug 07, 2013

there are 4 more comments

Please login or register to add comments

share with your friends


Twitter Facebook Myspace Digg


like this article?
Sign up now to get more just like!

latest videos

Sytycdchoreographers

Who's your favorite SYTYCD choreographer?

  • Mia Michaels
  • Travis Wall
  • Sonya Tayeh
  • Tabitha and Napoleon

related stories

Micro_sytycd-micro
This week on So You Think You Can Dance (Season 9, Episode 15), the Top 20 return to perform high...
Micro_sytycd-14-micro
This week on So You Think You Can Dance (Season 9, Episode 14), the Top 4 showed America what the...
Micro_sytycd-13-micro
This week on So You Think You Can Dance (Season 9, Episode 13), the Top 6 each performed solos, a...
Micro_sytycd-12-micro
This week on So You Think You Can Dance (Season 9, Episode 12), the Top 8 each performed solos an...

Entertainment in the forums

amethystdances
"amethystdances" wrote:Time, not death.And I got this one off of The Hobbit.  :O Sorry, couldn't think of one at the time.
reply about 15 hours
amethystdances
Time, not death.
reply about 15 hours
Macbarbie09
Macbarbie09 posted in TV Shows:
on September 28, 1 will leave the simpsons. Will it be: Marge Simpson Abraham Simpson Marge's Mom Comic Book Guy Selma Sideshow Bob Patty Krusty Lisa Moe Homer the Eskimo dude or Apu?? IM SO EXCITED for the Simpsons and Family guy Crossover!!
reply about 16 hours
toxicswagxx
toxicswagxx posted in Celebs:
she is so hot i love her  :love
reply about 19 hours
WinxClubBloom998
"Betzy123" wrote:Winx Club
reply about 22 hours

play online games

Candy-100

A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

1515_gl_kidzworld_100x100_jpg_fz

Intriguing planets, weird and wonderful characters; challenge friends and find a...

157262_(2)

When you go back to Candyland, you’ll wonder why you ever left in the first plac...

100x100_ra_logo_girl

Uncle George has left you his farm, but unfortunately it’s in pretty bad shape. ...

_thumb_100x100

Shoot blobs with different properies to merge yellow blobs. Your blobs can be re...