Valentine's Day Cookie Decorating
Valentine’s Day is the perfect time for cookies. Well, most any time is the perfect time for cookies, but Valentine’s Day is the perfect time for decorating cookies and giving them away to loved ones, or just eating them yourself.
Using regular old sugar cookies and icing use these great decorating ideas to make your Valentine’s Day cookies unique! But first, you need your canvas...
- 2 ¾ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 ½ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°
- In a small bowl mix flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- In a large bowl mix the butter and sugars together. Add egg and vanilla.
- If you want to color your cookies, add food coloring now and make sure it mixes into the dough evenly.
- Roll balls of dough about a teaspoon’s amount. If you want a special cookie shape, roll the dough out and use a cookie cutter.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden.
- Let cool on cookie sheet.
- Get decorating!
Envelope Kiss Cookies
Not the usual heart cookies, these lips and love letter cookies are sure to be unique and lovely.
- Sugar cookies- either a homemade recipe above or store bought guys
- Rectangular and kiss shaped cookie cutters
- Icing- red, white and black.
- Plastic baggies
- Before you bake your cookies cut out the rectangular and kiss shapes.
- Let the cookies cool.
- If you have special cookie decorating icing that can be used straight from the squeeze bottle- get to decorating!
- If you don’t, fill the plastic baggies with icing. Work the icing to one corner of the bag and cut the very tip of the corner. Now use that to decorate the finer kiss shape and the outline on the lips and kiss.
Have a special message for your special sweetie? Why not tell them in cookies!
- Sugar cookies
- Powdered sugar
- When the cookies are cool enough, place the stencil over your cookie. Make sure it won’t move around.
- Using a sifter, sift the powdered sugar over the stencil and cookie. The sifter makes the sugar super fine- like dust.
- Write the message you want, plate it up and give your lovely some delicious reading.
Conversation Heart Cookies
A Valentine’s Day classic, Conversation Heart candies carry any love message you have to share. Either borrow from the classic messages or create your own!
- Sugar cookies
- Food coloring
- Heart shaped cookie cutter
- Black icing
- Make sure to add food coloring to your cookie dough.
- Use your heart shaped cookie cutter and make heart cookies.
- When they are cool enough, write out Conversation Heart messages with black icing.
- Spread the love!
Have Your Say!
What will your cookies say? Do you have any creative ideas for Conversation Heart cookies or Stencil Cookies? Share your ideas in the comment's section below!