Johnny Depp Biography
Birthdate: June 9, 1963
Birthplace: Owensboro, Kentucky
Real Name: John Christopher Depp
Johnny Depp's Start
Johnny Depp was born in Kentucky, but raised in Florida. Johnny's parents divorced when he was 15 and he dropped out of high school to concentrate on his musical career. Johnny Depp was in a band called The Kids. But his musical career took a backseat when a friend in LA told him he should try acting. Johnny landed a roll in the '80s horror flick, Nightmare on Elm Street. In the movie, Johnny's character was eaten by his bed.
Johnny Depp's Bumpy Love Life
Johnny Depp went on to star in the popular '80s TV show, 21 Jump Street as well as successful movies like Edward Scissorhands, Donnie Brasco and What's Eating Gilbert Grape. Despite Johnny Depp's smooth career, his personal life was a bit bumpy. Depp got divorced from his first wife, Lori Anne Allison in 1985. He then went on to have a string of engagements to actresses like Winona Ryder, Jennifer Grey and supermodel Kate Moss. All of that changed when Johnny Depp met French singer Vanessa Paradis in 1998. The couple have two children together, Lily-Rose Melody Depp and Jack Depp, and have homes in France and LA.
Johnny Depp - Box Office King
In 2003, Johnny Depp won over movie goers as Captain Jack Sparrow in the swashbuckling hit, Pirates of the Caribbean. The flick is based on the Disney ride of the same name and also stars Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightly. In 2005, Johnny takes on the task of playing Willy Wonka in Tim Burton's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - which hits theaters July 15, 2005. And while Johnny prepares to creep out little kids this summer with his rendition of Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka, he'll be back again next summer in the Pirates sequel, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest.
Johnny Depp - Did U Know?
- Johnny Depp used to own the LA club The Viper Room, but handed over his ownership in late 2004.
- Johnny Depp played bass guitar in a band called "P".
- Johhny Depp has done cameo appearances in movies and TV under the name Oprah Noodlemantra.
- Johnny Depp has over eight tattoos, the most famous one being Wino Forever on his right arm. The tattoo used to say Winona Forever (a tribute to Winona Ryder), but he had the N and A lasered off after they broke up.
- Johnny Depp was paid $18 million for his role in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
Johnny Depp Says...
"Anything I've done up 'til May 27, 1999 was kind of an illusion, existing without living. My daughter, the birth of my daughter, gave me life."
- Check out Kidzworld's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory contest. You can win one Mike Teavee autographed Nerds box, one hat filled with WONKA candy, one Custom Candy Tin filled with Wonka Candies, one Custom Willy Wonka Cane, Individually Numbered Collector's Item, one Set of Four Custom Dessert Plates, one Floaty Pen, one Hopper Ball, one Red Loompaland Kids T-Shirt, one Grey and Black Ringer Mike Teavee T-Shirt, one Veruca Salt T-Shirt, one Violet T-Shirt, one Gloop T-Shirt, one Wristband, and one Loompaland Cap!
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Movie Review
- Pirates of the Caribbean Movie Review
- Separated at Birth - Johnny Depp & Skeet Ulrich
- More Bios, Interviews and News on Your Fave Celebrities