Get the Goods on Goth Style
Get all the tips and help you need to master the goth look. From make-up to hair to fashionable goth clothing, weve got what every teen needs to know. - Page 1
We've had a lot of feedback on the Get the Goods on Goth Style article, so we're re-posting it with all your comments. There's a ton of controversy surrounding this topic, so have your voice heard by sending in your today!
If you identify more with Marilyn Manson than Britney Spears, or if you'd rather date your mom than be caught wearing anything floral or J. Lo inspired, you should check out the ins and outs of gothic style.
The Goth Rundown
You might think that being goth means that you worship the devil and drink blood for breakfast, but that isn't the case. In fact, there are several types of goths - from the cyber goth to the punk goth - each has a style all of their own. Traditionally, goth style involved a lot of black clothing, make-up and even hair. Today, peeps are re-inventing the goth look though, with some of your fave celebs (like the boys of Good Charlotte) sporting their very own goth fashions.
Top Five Goth Essentials
- Black Nail Polish - whether you're a boy or a girl a good bottle of black nail polish is a must-have for the aspiring goth.
- Black Boots - search out a pair of boots that you know you'll wear a lot. If you're a girl, make sure they look good with skirts and pants. Versatility is key.
- Hair Dye - this can either be black hair dye or some exotic, bright color used to highlight your dark hair. Try something like Manic Panic
- Studs and/or Zippers - if you don't have anything with studs or zippers, add some onto an old bag or grab a cool, old leather jacket from a thrift store that you can alter.
- Black Eyeliner - again, it doesn't matter if you're a guy or a girl, you gotta have the black eyeliner. Great for lining lips, eyes or drawing stuff on your face
Goth Make-Up Tips
Avoid slathering on too much make-up, cuz excessive make-up is not attractive - it doesn't work for aging country music stars, and definitely won't work for you. Stick to basics like lipstick, eyeshadow, mascara and some eyeliner. If you want to be a bit more daring, draw some sort of funky shape around one eye with some liquid eyeliner (you'll probably be able track that down at your local drugstore).
Thank you so much for the article the goods for goths! I really wanted to go goth and this will really help me! I really needed this article and thank you again! I just have one question, do you know where to find a lot of kool black clothes in Canada? Thanks again!
Kidz Submit by:
Hehe...Hehe...hehe... So you think you know, eh? ^_^ You make me want to giggle. There are not several, there are over ONE-HUNDRED and TWENTY-FIVE types of "Goth." Goth as well is not just about style, it is about attitude, and how you percieve your little world. Though I am glad you mentioned 'Cyber Goth' Style, you very hastily, forgot to mention Tape. Duct-Tape, and electrician's tape, can be your best friend. And GAH. Remember kiddies, being the mime is bad, go past the chin-line and too the neck. And neon colours work too. If you want help with style look up Switchblade Symphony, Rasputina, Sisters of Mercy, Cradle of Filth on search engines such as Google. Sisters of Mercy are what inspired the little sub-culture that the modern world has bestowed upon us, under the name of "goth."
P.S.-Labels are for soup Cans!
Kidz Submit by: