Duel Masters TCG: Basic Game Review
How to Play The Duel Masters Trading Card GameThe first thing you do is grab a starter pack - that'll score you enough cards for you and a buddy to duel with. Once you have your deck of cards, shuffle it, put five cards face down as your "Shields", and then draw five cards to make your hand. On your turn, here's what you do:
Duel Masters TCG Turn Sequence1. Untap all your cards so they're ready to be used.
2. Draw a card from your deck and add it to your hand.
3. Put one card down as "Mana" that you use to play other cards.
4. Summon monsters, or use spells, from your hand with your Mana cards.
5. Beat the snot out of your opponent with your summoned monsters. (This is the fun bit!)
6. You're done! Now it's your opponent's turn. (Uh-oh...)
To use a card, you "Tap" it by turning it sideways, so you can only use a card once per turn. When you attack successfully, your monster will break one of your opponent's Shields and when they're all gone, one more successful attack wins you the game! But, when you break one of your opponent's Shields, it gets added to their hand so they can use it against you, so watch out.
Also, monsters can battle one another. When they do, the monster with the highest power wins and the other one gets sent to the graveyard. Bigger is better!