Homer Simpson Biography
Although Homer Simpson isn't the brightest resident of Springfield, he's definitely one of the most loveable guys in the neighborhood. He's devoted to his family and his food, and brings laughter and groans to his wife, kids and everyone else on the block!
Homer's Vital Stats
- Name: Homer Jay Simpson.
- Birthplace: North Carolina.
- Height: Six feet tall.
- Weight: Fluctuates from 239 to a whopping 315 lbs.!
- Residence: Evergreen Terrace, the nicest upper-lower-middle class section of Springfield.
- Occupation: Safety inspector at Springfield Nuclear Power Plant.
- Likes: Donuts and Duff Beer.
- Dislikes: His boss, Mr. Burns, and his neighbor, Ned Flanders.
The Dawn of Homer
Proud 'rents Abe and Mona Simpson welcomed Homer into the world on May 10, 1955 (or May 12, 1956 depending on the episode). Abe raised Homer on his own because Mona had to split - her political activism forced her to leave the family and run from the law!
Homer in Love
Homer married his high school sweetheart, Marge, and they now have three loveable kids: mischievous Bart, brainiac Lisa and baby Maggie. Homer's love for his wife and children sometimes gets out of hand, as he'll do anything for his family, even if it means making a fool out of himself!
Homer in the Line of Duty
Homer may not be the smartest guy around, but he definitely seems to be the busiest! He juggles the roles of loving husband and 'rent, saftey inspector, bowler, beer drinker and avid dreamer. He graduated at the bottom of his high school class, but landed a job at the local power plant after finally passing the specialized training course on his third try. He has since become the longest-term entry-level employee at the plant.
Hungry Hungry Homer
Homer's hobbies include heavy drinking and eating just about anything, but his fave foods are donuts and pork chops. He responds to food by drooling and saying "Mmmmm...hot dogs/hamburgers/hoagies." His picture even hangs in The Frying Dutchman, where he's known as "Bottomless Pete: Nature's Cruelest Mistake" because he almost put the restaurant out of business during its All You Can Eat Night!
- Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.
- Television! Teacher, mother, secret lover.
- Homer no function beer well without.
- If something goes wrong at the plant, blame the guy who can't speak English.