Celebrity Recap - July 2004
July Celebrity Birthdays
- July 1 - Lord of the Rings star Liv Tyler turned 27.
- July 2 - Teen Queen Lindsay Lohan celebrated her 18th birthday with a bunch of her famous friends, including Enrique Iglesias!
- July 3 - Hard to believe, but hottie Tom Cruise hit 42.
- July 6 - Rapper 50 Cent turned 28.
- July 9 - Mr. Nice Guy himself, Tom Hanks, celebrated his 48th birthday.
- July 10 - Newlywed Jessica Simpson turned 24 today.
- July 16 - Days after his hit Anchorman was released, Will Ferrell hit 36.
- July 18 - Vin Diesel celebrated his 37th birthday.
- July 19 - Gilmore Girls hottie Jared Padalecki turned 22.
- July 21 - Josh Hartnett celebrated his 26th b-day.
- July 23 - Daniel Radcliffe, Harry Potter himself, turned 15.
- July 24 - Jennifer Lopez celebrated her 35th birthday with new hubby Marc Anthony.
- July 29 - Smallville costar Allison Mack turned 22.
Chad Michael Murray's Gettin' Hitched!
One Tree Hill hunk Chad Michael Murray asked his costar Sophia Bush to marry him while he was shooting his upcoming horror movie, House of Wax. They've been dating for a while now, and Chad went all out with his proposal. First of all, he arranged to have 500 lit candles and 20 bouquets of roses laid out all around his hotel room! Then he got down on one knee and popped the question - presenting his future wife with a stunning diamond ring that he helped design. Why does Chad think their marriage will last? "She's perfect. She keeps me inspired, and she complements me very well."
Kirsten and Jake are Splitsville!
Everyone was shocked when Spider-Man 2 star Kirsten Dunst dumped her cute boyfriend Jake Gyllenhaal, saying that she was just too busy to keep the relationship going. Poor Jake apparently didn't see the break-up coming, and is now battling with Kirsten to keep the dog they adopted together! As for Kirsten, she reportedly has already begun to see other people, so it's probably safe to assume that she's already over Jake.
Lindsay Lohan Signs a Record Deal!
This didn't come as much of a surprise to anyone who's heard Lindsay sing in movies like Freaky Friday or Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen. Tommy Mottola, the record executive who married (and divorced) Mariah Carey a few years back, signed Lindsay to multi-year deal - with her first album due out by the end of 2004. Like Hilary Duff and Madonna before her, Lindsay will combine acting with her newfound music career.
Other Celebrity News from July 2004
- Backstreet Boy Nick Carter and Paris Hilton broke up after several months of dating.
- Lindsay Lohan has confirmed that she's been dating That 70's Show star, Wilmer Valderrama since the beginning of 2004.
- Ben Affleck supposedly began dating his Daredevil costar, Jennifer Garner.