Smallville TV Show Facts
If you haven't already discovered the hit show Smallville, maybe you've been living under some Kryptonite for the last eight years. The show is set in a fictional town called Smallville that was struck by a meteor shower 15 years ago and hasn't been the same since. A small child found on the day after the meteor shower was adopted by Mr. and Mrs. Kent and given the name Clark. Now, Clark Kent is an adult who is struggling with his emerging superpowers and the forces which will one day make him Superman. Check out these facts on the WB show Smallville, as well as a look at Season Eight, premiering September 18, 2008 on the CW!
- Clark Kent - Tom Welling
- Lana Lang - Kristen Kreuk
- Lex Luthor - Michael Rosenbaum
- Lois Lane - Erica Durance
- Chloe Sullivan - Allison Mack
- Jimmy Olsen - Aaron Ashmore
- Oliver Queen - Justin Hartley
Season Eight Preview
The newest (and possibly last) season of Smallville is set to premiere on the CW September 18, 2008. At the end of Season 7, which has just been released on DVD (see page 2), Clark has been trapped by Lex at the Fortress of Solitude. Lana, meanwhile, is brought out of her coma when Clark destroys the evil Brainiac. But then she leaves Clark a video goodbye saying she iss leaving because she “holds him back.” At the same time, Clark’s cousin Kara is stuck in the Phantom Zone, and Jimmy Olson is about to propose to Chloe when the Department of Domestic Security arrests her. Or is it someone else? Whew!
So what’s going to happen in season eight? Well, rumor has it that the Justice League is on its way to save Clark, while Lois tries to find Chloe by heading to Luthor Mansion, where she’s confronted by the new head of Luthor Corp., Tess. And—most exciting for Superman fans—Clark tells Lois he’s taking the job at the Daily Planet, so he can be “where the action is.” Wonder if he’ll need to get glasses, too!
Super Season Eight Secrets:
- Cast members Kristin Kreuk (Lana), Michael Rosenbaum (Lex) and Allison Mack (Chloe) are not completely confirmed for all of season eight. This means you might see less of them, or maybe none of them at all!
- A wedding may be coming up this season…
- The Smallville fan siteKryptonSite.com reports that the first episode of this season happens months after the end of last season. Hmm…makes you wonder what happened in between, doesn’t it?
- The town of Smallville is supposed to be located in Kansas but the hit show is filmed in Vancouver, Canada.
- Smallville is based on the DC Comic book characters. Superman was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Schuster.
- In Smallville, the young Clark Kent (before becoming Superman) doesn't wear glasses or a tight blue suit and a cape - he fights crime in his normal teenage clothes. Guess Clark doesn't want to look goofy just yet.
- Clark Kent was adopted by Jonathan and Martha Kent.
- Lana Lang's parents were killed in the meteor shower that changed the town of Smallville forever.
- Lana Lang wears a green kryptonite stone around her neck.
- Though Tom Welling plays Superman, Tom has admitted in the past that he is not a fan of comic books or superheroes.
- Unfortunately for all you girls crushin' on Tom Welling, he is officially off the market. Tom has been married to his wife, Jamie White, since July 5, 2002.
- Vancouver, Canada, where the show is shot, is also the hometown of Kristin Kreuk who plays Lana Lang.
- In real life, Michael Rosenbaum has blonde hair but he shaves his head for the role of the young Lex Luthor.
To read about Smallville’s previous seasons on DVD, check out Page 2.
- Kristin Kreuk Biography
- Tom Welling Biography
- Quiz! Test Your Smallville Smarts!
- Get More Fun TV Facts Here