Decorate Your Locker!
You may not exactly be thrilled about going back to school this fall, but here's one thing you can definitely look forward to - decorating your locker! Giving your locker a cool makeover from bare to beautiful can help take your mind off the homework load and pop quizzes. Plus, it's a fun way to start off the school year and get to know your locker neighbors!
Express Yourself With Magnets
Magnets are the best way to decorate your locker cuz they're removable. Colorful, funky magnets will brighten your day as you make pit stops between math and history classes. You can also make a removable album by gluing personal photos or cutout magazine pics onto the magnets.
What's Your Theme, Baby?
Decorating is an expression of your personality, which is why you should pick a theme for your locker.
- Glam - Going glam is a fun way to dress up your locker cuz even superstars need a place to stash books and make-up bags! Glamor queens can decorate with pretty mirrors, flashy stars, jeweled magnets and pics of Hollywood celebs.
- Sporty - Put up posters of your fave athletes and place trophies that you've won from previous championship games on locker shelves. You can even play a short game of basketball between classes by sticking a small hoop onto your locker with strong magnets.
- Tropical - Create an on-campus paradise by hanging fabric flowers, dried leis and vacation pics from when you surfed in Hawaii last summer. You can even take an old hula skirt and magnetize the grassy fringe to your locker shelf!
Just like your bedroom, you've got to keep your locker clean! So make a habit of throwing out any leftover lunches and taking home those dirty gym socks on a regular basis. And don't stick, tape or glue anything onto your locker since you've gotta give it back at the end of the school year. Happy decorating!
For more great locker decorating ideas, check out the Decorate Your Locker book from Klutz!
- Dudley Locks Collection Series Review
- Solutions to Clutter
- Art for Your Walls
- More Fun Arts and Crafts Ideas!