Kw-logo-smaller

Quiz the Coach - I'm A Cheer Captain

Quiz the Coach - I'm A Cheer Captain - Reviewed by Kidzworld on Dec 27, 2006
( Rating: 1 Star Rating)

Check out Kidzworld's tips and advice for becoming a better cheer squad captain. - Page 1

So ya dig sports but need some help with your game? Don't understand some of the rules of football, basketball or soccer? Got a gripe about P.E. class, teammates or coaches, or anything? Why not ? The Kidzworld Coach can help ya work out team problems or give ya tips and advice to improve your game - all ya gotta do is ask!

1 Hey Coach,
I am a guy and I am the captain of our school's cheerleading squad but none of the girls in the squad listen to me. What should I do?
cheer_genius

Hey cheer_genius,

There could be lots of different reasons why the girls on your cheer squad aren't listening to you. Is is because you act like a tyrant and are super bossy? Is it because the girls don't think a guy should be the squad leader? Is it because you have poor cheerleading form and the girls don't consider you to be a good role model? Perhaps all the girls on the cheer squad are deaf?

The captain of a cheer squad is a postion which almost every cheerleader wants. It's also a position which requires good communication skills and strong leadership. I have no idea why the girls on the team aren't listening to you, but here's a few ideas that will help you become a better cheer squad leader.

  • Speak clearly when talking to your squad. Be both a good speaker and a good listener.
  • Be dependable and show up for practice on time.
  • Be a role model. Set a good example for the rest of the team.
  • Be fair. Don't play favorites to other members of the squad and treat every member of the squad with respect.
  • Be able to lead, without being bossy. It's not always what you say that matters but how you say it. Be tactful and respectful.
  • Talk to your coach. They picked you to be captain for a reason, so discuss your concerns with your coach and look for ways to improve things.

    Do you have a question on sports, P.E. class, fitness or health? to the Kidzworld Coach. Keep in mind peeps, the Kidzworld Coach isn't a doctor or a professional athlete or anything like that. He's just a dude who digs sports, plays 'em and knows a lot about 'em. You should always talk to your 'rents, a doctor or your school gym teacher before starting a new sport or a new exercise.

    Related Stories:

  • Quiz the Coach: How To Do A Cartwheel
  • Quiz the Coach: I Can't Do A Full Liberty
  • Cheerleading Tips
  • The Dangers Of Cheerleading
  • More Quiz the Coach
  • 1 Comment

    latest videos

    F1100125936218

    Cheerleaders - Silly Snobs or Real Athletes?

    • They're a bunch of snobs with fluff for brains.
    • They're real athletes who deserve respect.
    • Some of them are total snobs, but some of them can be nice.

    related stories

    Sports in the forums

    lilspicey
    lilspicey posted in Basketball:
    basketball :|
    reply about 2 hours
    Boysrock50
    "vanillatwilightguy" wrote: "Boysrock50" wrote: "vanillatwilightguy" wrote: "Boysrock50" wrote: "vanillatwilightguy" wrote: Lionel ♥ si :D   how people even compare him with ronaldo is beyond me ;| XD Ikr, Ronaldo's an amateur :D   okay stop :p you just don't compare a human with an alien 8) XD ooo bit too far XD
    reply about 14 hours
    vanillatwilightguy
    "Boysrock50" wrote: "vanillatwilightguy" wrote: "Boysrock50" wrote: "vanillatwilightguy" wrote: Lionel ♥ si :D   how people even compare him with ronaldo is beyond me ;| XD Ikr, Ronaldo's an amateur :D okay stop :p you just don't compare a human with an alien 8)
    reply about 14 hours
    Boysrock50
    "vanillatwilightguy" wrote: "Boysrock50" wrote: "vanillatwilightguy" wrote: Lionel ♥ si :D   how people even compare him with ronaldo is beyond me ;| XD Ikr, Ronaldo's an amateur :D
    reply about 14 hours
    vanillatwilightguy
    "Boysrock50" wrote: "vanillatwilightguy" wrote: Lionel ♥ si :D how people even compare him with ronaldo is beyond me ;|
    reply about 14 hours

    play online games