Get the B-Boy Style
Being a true b-boy means living the hip hop lifestyle. You're innovative. You study the art of breakdancing. You're influenced by those around you, where you live and the great b-boys before you. Check out how to create a style that shows off your personality through your moves and your clothing.
- Snap up unique logo T-shirts or polo shirts that stand out from the crowd. Go for a tighter fit instead of the big, baggy look. Layer it over a long-sleeved shirt, with the collar popped.
- Support your favorite NBA team by wearing their jersey or hat. Avoid going head to toe in sports apparel though.
- You can go old school in nylon track suits.
- Faded, distressed jeans always give your outfit a cool look. Don't wear them too big because you need to be able to dance in them. Try rolling one pant leg up, tied with a bandana.
- Shoes are the most important part of the b-boy look. Sport sneakers that are stylin' and comfortable.
- Wear a funky newsboy cap, trucker hat, bandana, sweatband, visor, do-rag, or fedora . Even top hats have been spotted on the scene.
- Accessorize with arm and wrist bands, which are key for wiping your forehead after a killer session on the dance floor.
- Keep track of the clock with a sporty watch. Don't wear too much bling though - you don't want it to get scratched or knock you out.
- What is a b-boy without his headphones? Keep them around your neck so you can practice your moves whenever you get the urge.
Brands to Check Out