Nivea and Amerie CD Reviews
Nivea and Amerie have both released thier second CDs, and they are bound to get your booty shakin'. These soulful singers have come a long way since their debuts - so check out these reviews to see if you should add these discs to your collection.
Nivea - Complicated
This is Nivea's first disc since her self-titled debut in 2002 and it really shows how much she's grown up. Complicated is a lot more personal than the 23 year-old Nivea's last disc - and a lot more mature. If you're a fan of artists like Ciara, then you're going to love this CD. It's got a perfect mix of summer party songs and laid-back ballads.
Nivea - Complicated Facts
- Nivea's first single off this disc, Okay, features rappers Lil Jon and YoungBloodZ.
- Nivea's husband, The Dream, is also featured on Complicated on the tracks, I Can't Mess With You and the Okay remix.
- Nivea and hubby The Dream had their first child, a little girl named Navy, on May 11, 2005.
- Nivea focused on not only how she views the world, but how all women see things. The disc is called Complicated because Nivea felt that women can be very complicated creatures.
Nivea - Complicated Hot Tracks
Okay; Parking Lot; Indian Dance; No More; Gansta Girl.
Amerie - Touch
Just like Nivea, Touch is Amerie's first disc since 2002, and it's about time. Not only is Amerie stunning, she also knows how to belt out a catchy tune. Definitely expect to see more of Amerie in the near future!
Amerie - Touch Facts
- Producer Rich Harrsion, who has worked with artists like Beyonce and Jennifer Lopez, produced six of the songs on Touch.
- Rapper Eve is featured on the remix of Amerie's first single, 1 Thing.
- When J. Lo heard 1 Thing, she wanted to record it herself, but since it was Amerie's song, she had to settle for the single, Get Right (a song that Usher had originally recorded).
- Amerie helped write ten of the eleven songs on Touch.
Amerie - Touch Hot Tracks
1 Thing; Touch; Not The Only One; Why Don't We.