Tarzan, Kidz Bop 10 and Pirates of the Caribbean CD Reviews
Hellish family vacations can be made heavenly with the right tunes. Kidzworld reviews the latest in 'rent-friendly tunes. Check out our reviews of Tarzan: The Broadway Musical, Kidz Bop 10 and the soundtrack to Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest!
Tarzan - The Broadway Musical
Produced by Phil Collins (AKA, a dude your grandparents will likely dig) and chronicling the kid-friendly story of Tarzan, this album seems like it has the makings of an instant family fave. Too bad it doesn't. Tarzan: The Broadway Musical is a good souvenir for families that have actually seen the Broadway musical of Tarzan but, for those who haven't, it's 58 minutes and 12 seconds of the EXACT SAME SONG. Okay, it isn't really, but it sure sounds that way. Let us summarize the album for you: "I have been left aloooone in the jungle and the animaaaals are nice to meee." There. Now you won't have to waste your money.
Tarzan - The Broadway Musical Fun Facts
- Phil Collins composed the score for Disney's Tarzan Movie. He then composed nine more songs for the Broadway adaptation.
- Three different singers voice Tarzan's part on the CD.
- Phil Collins lends his voice to the bonus track, Everything That I Am.
Tarzan - The Broadway Musical Hot Tracks
You'll Be in My Heart; Waiting for This Moment; For the First Time
Tarzan - The Broadway Musical Rating
Kidz Bop 10
If the first nine editions of Kidz Bop weren't enough to satisfy you, you're in luck. Kidz Bop 10 brings you covers of hits like You're Beautiful, Hung Up, and Nick Lachey's What's Left of Me. While the tracks are actually voiced by adult singers (who admittedly sometimes sound like William Hung), the Kidz Boppers sing backup, which gives the album a real sing-a-long vibe. So if you're the kind of kid who loves to sing into their hairbrush, this is the album for you. You're 'rents, however, are unlikely to feel the same love for Kidz Bop, so if you notice them digging their nails into their palms, just remind them that you could always throw on a little Eminem, if they'd prefer.
Kidz Bop 10 - Fun Facts
- The Kidz Bop kids have put out 12 albums - Kidz Bop one through 10, Kidz Bop Gold and Kidz Bop Christmas.
- Kidz Bop music is featured in Fisher-Price's Star Station, which lets kids hear and see themselves on TV.
Kidz Bop 10 Hot Tracks
Bad Day; Pump It
Kidz Bop 10 Rating:
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
Well blow me down - this might be the family fave of the year. While the soundtrack to Pirates of the Carribbean: Dead Man's Chest draws inspiration from The Black Pearl, it still manages to sail its own creative seas. The first track, Jack Sparrow, is as comical and bold as the character himself and The Kraken and Davy Jones set the tone for the darker scenes in the film. Pick up a copy, me hearties. You won't be disappointed.
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest - Fun Facts
- The Pirates score was composed by Hans Zimmer who has composed music for Gladiator, Pearl Harbor, Black Hawk Down, The Last Samurai, The Da Vinci Code and The Lion King.
- Zimmer also used to play keyboard for the 80s band The Bugles, whose music video, Video Killed the Radio Star, was the first video to ever be played on MTV.
- The album features a bonus remix track by DJ Tiesto, who was rated the Number One DJ in the World by DJ Magazine for three years in a row.
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest Rating
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest Hot Tracks
Jack Sparrow; Davy Jones