Rock and Roll on a Flowboard
With a Flowboard you can snowboard on the street! We got the scoop on the newest toy that all boardin' enthusiasts need to check out!
Flowboard - The Goods
Just because there's no snow on the ground, doesn't mean you can't get the snowboarding experience. The Flowboard is a perfect substitute for those of you that live in warm climates or need to keep your snowboarding skills sharp during the summer. A Flowboard has a deck that is similar to a skateboard, but instead of just four wheels, it has two sets of seven rollerblade-sized wheels in a u-shaped formation. This allows you to make the same 45 degree carves you can make on a snowboard or surfboard.
Flowboard - By the Numbers
The Flowboard comes in three different sizes.
- The 32-inch board is the ideal length for smaller riders and is better suited for traditional skateboarding tricks and tight turns. The 32-inch board retails for $80 US.
- The 36-inch board is designed for medium-sized riders and has the ability to make snowboard-esque turns on big hills. The 36-inch board retails for $90 US.
- The 42-inch boards is best for downhill cruising and bombing. The 42-inch board retails for $100 US.
Flowboard - Final Verdict
In our eyes, the Flowboard is a winner. Finally snowboarders have a fun training tool to use in the summer. It may feel a little awkward at first, but after awhile you get used to the different motion of the Flowboard. The board may even inspire a popular sport of it's own one day, where riders can pull tricks exclusive to a Flowboard. So get yourself on board and start carving up the hills!
- For more information on the Flowboard and other Flowlab products, head to www.flowlab.com .
- Build Your Own Skateboard
- Becoming a Sporting Good Inventor
- Longboard Skateboards - A Faster, Smoother Ride
- More Sweet Sports Gear