The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack TV Show Facts
Flapjack was raised at sea inside of a talking whale, but his peaceful life was turned upside down the day he met Captain K’nuckles. The old sailor filled Flapjack’s head with dreams of high seas adventure and Candied Island.
- Flapjack - He’s an excitable, adventure-loving boy who was raised by Bubbie, a talking whale. Despite her warnings, Flapjack is spellbound by K’nuckles stories and has set his sights on becoming a real adventurer.
- Bubbie - Bubbie is like an over-protective mother to Flapjack. She prefers the safety of Stormalong Harbor to the dangers of the open seas, but Bubbie if always there for Flapjack, no matter what kind of trouble K’nuckles gets him into.
- Captain K’nuckles - K’nuckles is a washed up old sailor who claims to be the greatest pirate the world has ever known. He’s always telling over-the-top tales of his adventures and getting Flapjack wrapped up in his high seas hijinks.
- Peppermint Larry - He’s the overly friendly owner of the Candy Barrel and the only person who can satisfy Flapjack’s candy cravings. When they don’t have money for candy, Larry feeds them unreliable clues to Candied Island.
- Dock Hag - She’s the miserly old hag who runs the dock of Stormalong Harbor. The Dock Hag has an almost mystical flair for issueing tickets and her favorite ticket is for leaving whales in the water unattended.
- Eight-Armed Willy - The most dangerous creature on the high seas, Eight-Armed Willy is a bone-crushing sea monster with an appetite for whales, adventurers and especially candy. He’s Flapjack’s main rival for Candied Island.
- The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack premieres Thursday June 5th at 8:30pm.
- Each episode consists of two mini-episodes.
- Flapjack was created by Mark ‘Thurop’ Van Orman who has worked on Camp Lazlo and The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy.
"I’m no stranger to danger." - Flapjack
"Bon Voyage Baby!" - Bubbie
"It’s true, I’m a great adventurer." - Captain K’nuckles
"What’s wrong Peppermint Larry, did you catch the scurvy?" - Flapjack
"What does he think I am, a candy dandy?" - Peppermint Larry