Kw-logo-smaller

Blue Dragon TV Show Facts

What would you do with the awesome power of the Blue Dragon at your back?
Courtesy of Cartoon Network

Sealed away by the Seven Soldiers of Light, the power of Shadow has reawakened in Shu, in the form of a mighty Blue Dragon! Kidzworld checks out this new cartoon.

Main Characters

  • Shu - Shu is a daredevil, which can sometimes get him into sticky situations, but it's nothing that he and Blue Dragon can't handle.
  • Blue Dragon - Blue Dragon is Shu's shadow. He's willing to share his power, but Shu has to prove himself before they're partners.
  • Zola - Cool, calm and composed, Zola is traveling to collect the scions of the Seven Soldiers of Light.
  • Killer Bat - Killer Bat is Zola's shadow. He's super strong but never speaks.
  • Jiro - Jiro seeks revenge against Nene for killing his parents. He is often angry and doesn't like to cooperate.
  • Minotaur - Minotaur is Jiro's shadow. He is cheerful and carefree, but will never quit in battle.
  • Marumaro - He is mischievous and silly, but you can always depend on him in a pinch.
  • Saber Tiger - He is Marumaro's shadow and is known for his speed in battle.
  • Bouquet - From the Rah tribe, Bouquet is in love[/KWLINK] with Shu and can make herself invisible.
  • Hippopotamus - Bouquet's shadow, he is pretty much useless in battle, but can change into anything he sees.
  • Nene & Death Roy - Nene is the King of Grankingdom who wants to use the shadow power to take over the world. Death Roy is like Nene's pet and is always on his shoulder.
  • Kluke - Shu's childhood friend, Kluke is obsessed with machines and technology.
  • Fun Facts

  • Blue Dragon is based on he X-Box 360 video game from Hironobu Sakaguchi, Final Fantasy creator.
  • Blue Dragon has been running in Japan since April of 2007.
  • The Blue Dragon characters were designed by Akira Toriyama, who designed the Dragon Ball characters.
  • The show is produced by Studio Pierrot, well known for its work on Naruto and Bleach.
  • Quotes

    "It smells like Kluke." - Shu

    "I told you. Knock. It. Off" - Kluke

    "And when you say him, are you talking about that large blue dragon with the big teeth? He seems a little cranky, did he just wake up from his nap?" - Minotaur

    "Does this guy have an off switch? I’m ready to call it a day!" - Shu

    "That’s right, a very ancient manuscript that describes the creation of this world and the ongoing battle between light and darkness." - Zola

    Related Stories:

  • Mr. Men TV Show Facts
  • Robotboy TV Show Facts
  • Johnny Test TV Show Facts
  • More Great TV Shows
  • >
    >

    readers voted!

    Comments

    there are 0 comments

    Please login or register to add comments


    like this article?
    Sign up now to get more just like it!

    latest videos

    F1115145318218

    Coolest Dragon Color? Vote!

    • Silver sounds sweet.
    • Scaly green dragons are the best.
    • A black dragon would be wicked.
    • Red, like Smaug from The Hobbit!

    related stories

    Entertainment in the forums

    kayshay
    kayshay posted in Celebs:
    "sparkly_chick" wrote: "kayshay" wrote: "emeliawuut" wrote: I am going to have to say my cleb crush is LeBron James One of the only reasons is because I play Basketball   yes i love lebron but srry chris brown will always be number one baby Chris Young beats Brown. :P umm never girl keep dreaming
    reply about 3 hours
    sparkly_chick
    sparkly_chick posted in Celebs:
    "kayshay" wrote: "emeliawuut" wrote: I am going to have to say my cleb crush is LeBron JamesOne of the only reasons is because I play Basketball yes i love lebron but srry chris brown will always be number one baby Chris Young beats Brown. :P
    reply about 3 hours
    sparkly_chick
    sparkly_chick posted in Celebs:
    Jake Gyllenhaal, Ryan Gosling, and pewdiepie. All of which are old enough to be my father XD
    reply about 3 hours
    rue21forever3
    rue21forever3 posted in TV Shows:
    shake it up
    reply about 3 hours
    Kirarin12
    Kirarin12 posted in TV Shows:
    "Cataclysm_Destruct" wrote:Hm. I wasn't a fan of Disney shows. Was the Suite life of Zack and Cody one? oO I liked that. Yeah i think that's a Disney show  
    reply about 5 hours

    play online games

    Candy-100

    A great online version of the famous Candy Crush. This is the best game launched...

    Big_icon_(7)

    Have you ever fancied being a ranger like those fantasy characters you love so m...

    Hour-of-code-tumb

    Millions of Students will be doing an Hour of Code with Tynker December 8th-14th...

    Big_icon_(4)

    You run across the city in a car chase with the police officers.

    Big_icon_(6)

    The evil master kidnapped all of your friends!