Tobey Maguire Biography
Birthdate: June 27, 1975
Birth Place: Santa Monica, California
Tobey Maguire's Start
Tobias Vincent Maguire (AKA Tobey Maguire) started acting when he was 12 after his mom offered him $100 to take drama classes instead of chef courses. This led to work in commercials for Doritos and McDonald's, which eventually led to roles in Parenthood (1989) and This Boy's Life (1993). Tobey Maguire's breakthrough role was as the confused son of Joan Allen and Kevin Kline in 1997's The Ice Storm.
Tobey Maguire's House Rules
Tobey Maguire lucked out when he landed the lead role of Homer Wells in the Oscar-nominated flick The Cider House Rules, also starring Michael Caine and Charlize Theron. Since then, Tobey Maguire has starred in the box office hits, Seabiscuit, Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2, which hits theaters June 30, 2004.
Tobey Maguire is Spider-Man
Tobey Maguire turned into an action hero (and a buff hottie) when he swung onto the big screen as Spider-Man. When Tobey Maguire's not swinging from building to building and spinning webs, he plays Spider-Man's nerdy alter ego, Peter Parker, who lusts after Mary Jane Watson (Kirsten Dunst). Even though Tobey Maguire has starred in a ton of flicks, he remained fairly anonymous for a while. Now it looks like Tobey Maguire's secret identity has come to an end after the release of the blockbuster Spider-Man flicks.
Tobey Maguire - Did U Know?
- Tobey Maguire is good friends with Titanic's Leonardo DiCaprio.
- Tobey Maguire is a vegetarian.
- Tobey Maguire starred with Leonardo DiCaprio in an underground flick they made for a friend called Don's Plum. The two actors fought to keep the 1995 film unreleased because it was just a little project they did to help out their then-friend before becoming successful.
- Tobey Maguire enjoys cooking and yoga.
- Tobey began dating actress Kirsten Dunst while filming Spider-Man but they split after filming.
Tobey Maguire Says...
"I can relate very much to Peter Parker. I think he's a great character and one of the themes is 'with great power comes great responsibility' and I think there's great power in just being alive and just being a human."