American Idol Recap :: Thursday April 15
Big Mike got the Judges’ Save last time around so that means this time two Idol hopefuls are being sent home. Find out who in this week’s Season 9 American Idol recap!
Courtesy of Fox
- Andrew Garcia failed to charm audiences on Tuesday night with his lame performance of “Hound Dog.” Andrew always seems to pick the most overplayed songs! He needed to dig a bit deeper into the Elvis catalogue to find a song he could really make his own.
- Ryan called Andrew Garcia, Casey James and Aaron Kelly to the stage. Yup, you guessed it, Andrew was sent home. But there’s still one more Idol to get the boot!.
- Season 7 finalist Brooke White returned to Idol to perform “I Can Dream” alongside Justin Gaston. Brooke sounded alright but Justin should probably stick to modeling underwear. The guy can’t sing! Justin is on the web series I Can Dream, but the only reason he seems to be famous (besides the underwear modeling) is because he once dated Miley Cyrus!
- Last season’s runner-up (and this week’s mentor) Adam Lambert returned to the stage to perform his hit “Whataya Want From Me.” Adam sounded great, but the laser show was a bit much. And what’s with the glam Frankenstein look?
The bottom three were Big Mike, Katie Stevens and Tim Urban. Tim was called back to safety right away and Big Mike made it through another week. Katie Stevens wasn’t so lucky. She sang a final performance of "Let It Be" and said her goodbyes. Siobhan and Crystal will definitely miss her—they both teared up during Katie’s performance.
Stay tuned next week for Idol Gives Back and Alicia Keys as the mentor for an Inspirational Songs theme. Only seven contestants left!
- American Idol Recap :: Friday April 9
- American Idol Recap :: Friday April 2
- American Idol Recap :: Friday March 25
- American Idol Recap :: Friday March 19
- American Idol Recap :: Thursday March 11