American Idol Recap :: Friday April 2
This week the Idol hopefuls were treated to a performance by Season 2 alum Ruben Studdard, got a crash course in R&B from Usher, and one unlucky contestant was sent home. Find out who lost out on this week’s American Idol recap!
Courtesy of Fox
- A newly-trim Ruben Studdard (he lost weight on a vegan diet!) took to the stage to show the contestants how it’s done with his electrifying performance of “Don’t Make Em Like U No More.”
- Usher owned the stage (along with will.i.am) with his performance of his hot new single, “OMG” but the backup dancers were a little racy for a family show—bad Usher, bad!
- Diddy and his newest talent, Dirty Money (Dawn Richard and Kalenna) debuted their new song, “Hello, Good Morning” under a dizzying strobe light.
- Yup, that was Justin Bieber you saw hanging out with Ryan Seacrest in the audience. Bieber was taping a performance to air on a later Idol episode!
- Didi Benami sand Jimmy Ruffin’s “What Becomes of the Brokenhearted” but Simon thought her version was too old-fashioned and off-key.
- Idol viewers got a sneak peak at the new Clash of the Titans remake out this weekend and the contestants dressed up as ninjas to film a cute car commercial set to the tune of “Kung-Fu Fighting.”
- The bottom three included Katie Stevens, Tim Urban (for the third week in a row!) and Didi Benami.
Didi Benami knows what it’s like to face adversity—the girl lived out of her car! So she was well prepared for the disappointment when the judges didn’t save her after her final performance of her signature song, “Rhiannon” by Fleetwood Mac.
Stay tuned for next week when the Top 9—Lee Dewyze, Michael Lynche, Tim Urban, Casey James, Katie Stevens, Siobhan Magnus, Andrew Garcia, Crystal Bowersox and Aaron Kelly—play your favorite Beatles song for Lennon/McCartney theme!
- American Idol Recap :: Friday March 25
- American Idol Recap :: Friday March 19
- American Idol Recap :: Thursday March 11
- American Idol Recap :: Thursday February 25
- American Idol Season 9 Recap :: Tuesday February 9 And Wednesday February 10