Vin Diesel Biography
Birthdate: July 18, 1967
Birthplace: New York, New York
Real Name: Mark Vincent
Vin Diesel Gets His Start
Long before Vin Diesel was heating up the big screen, he was a bit of a hooligan. When he was just seven, Vin and some friends were caught attempting to vandalize a local theater. Instead of calling the cops and having the boys arrested, the lady who worked at the theater made them do some acting workshops. After that, Vin continued to hone his acting skills by preforming in plays around New York City.
Vin Diesel's Breakthrough Role
At the start of his career, Vin Diesel had a tough time getting any good roles, so he decided to write, direct and act in his own film. His first flick was titled Multi-Facial and was shown at the Cannes Film Festival. A few years later, Vin wrote another movie called Strays, a flick about his days as a nightclub bouncer. His talents grabbed the attention of big-time Hollywood director Steven Spielberg, who was so impressed with Vin Diesel's movies that he created the role of Private Carparzo for him in Saving Private Ryan.
Vin Diesel - Action-Hero Turned Babysitter
Since his Hollywood debut, Vin Diesel has become one of the most recognized action-heroes of our time. Vin Diesel teamed up with Paul Walker for the racing flick, The Fast and the Furious. He then went on to star in flicks like xXx and The Chronicles of Riddick. Vin Diesel traded in his tough-guy persona for a while to become a glamourized babysitter in the Disney flick, The Pacifier. Keep your eyes on the big screen cuz Vin's got a ton of films coming out soon!
Vin Diesel - Did U Know?
- Vin Diesel's real name is Mark Vincent.
- Vin Diesel has a twin brother named Paul Vincent.
- Before setting his sights on acting, Vin worked as a night club bouncer in New York.
- He was the voice of the main character in the animated movie The Iron Giant.
- Vin Diesel is 6'2".
- Vin Diesel has signed on to play Agent 47 in the big screen adaptation of the Hitman video games. The movie is due out sometime in 2007.
- Vin Diesel is a gamer! He plays everything from the latest Xbox games to Dungeons & Dragons and even makes his own award-winning video games.
Vin Diesel Says...
"It's flattering when I connect to people who are really conscious and know what they're talking about and aren't just saying, 'You've got a hot body.' To hear these people talk about my roles as though they're in a film class is incredibly flattering. It's good to know that people understand what you're doing."
- The Pacifier DVD Review
- Fashion Police - Who's Hairlines Are Hurtin'?
- Taylor Lautner Interview
- More Celebrity Bios!