The Muppet Show TV Show Facts
The Muppets are back with their Season Three Box set of The Muppet Show. Get the goods on this '70s classic TV Show right here!
It’s time to play the music. It’s time to light the lights! It's time to meet the Muppets on The Muppet Show tonight! Get the goods on the show that brought to life some of the most interesting characters of our time. From Kermit the Frog to Rowlf the Dog, all your faves are back and on DVD, with Season Three hitting shelves May 20, 2008. Find out all about the show and whether the DVD set is worth picking up!
- Kermit the Frog - Kermit the Frog originally was a character on Sesame Street and later became the host of The Muppet Show. Kermit is a warm-hearted frog who has always had an on-again, off-again relationship with Miss Piggy.
- Miss Piggy - Miss Piggy is the ultimate diva. Everything always has to go her way and she'll cause a huge fuss if it doesn't. Miss Piggy is determined to marry the love of her life, Kermit the Frog.
- Fozzie the Bear - He's a cuddly, fuzzy bear who tells the funniest jokes around. Fozzie is always there to make his friends laugh and cheer them up when they're down.
- The Great Gonzo - Gonzo is quite the daredevil and is usually attempting some sort of high-flying stunt.
- Animal - Animal is one mean, lean drumming machine. He may seem a little wild, but deep down, Animal is a loveable muppet.
- Statler and Waldorf - These two hecklers sit up in the balcony and shout insults at everyone who goes on stage. They were named after two famous hotels in New York.
- All of The Muppet Show episodes were filmed in London.
- The Muppet Show had many celebrities on throughout it's six year run, but no star was allowed on the show more than once.
- Muppets' creator Jim Henson was responsible for creating many recognizable characters including Yoda from Star Wars, and several Sesame Street characters like Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch.
- The Muppets have appeared in several full-length films including The Muppets Take Manhattan, Muppets From Space and their latest flick, The Muppets Wizard of Oz.
The Muppet Show Season One DVD
Check out where the Muppets got their start with The Muppet Show Season One DVD. Kermit the Frog hosts this variety show that's chalk full of funny skits, celebrities and good tunes. The episodes, which originally aired in 1976, have all been digitally remastered so they look good as new. A must have for any family DVD collection.
The Muppet Show Season One DVD Rating:
Season Two DVD Review
Season Two of The Muppet Show is chock full of all the slapstick comedy and witty comebacks you came to love in Season One, but it's got tons of new guest stars and musical numbers to keep you coming back for more. Season highlights include Kermit's classic song It's Not Easy Being Green, plus a rarely seen Muppets Valentine Special.
Season Three DVD Review
The third season of The Muppet Show hit shelves on May 20, 2008 and comes packed with a ton of your favorite Muppet moments. Some of the best moments from season three include a seriously rocking episode that features Alice Cooper and a one that has Sylvester Stallone facing off with a talking punching bag. This season, along with all of the Muppet seasons, is timeless family entertainment at its best.
It's time to play the music
It's time to light the lights
It's time to meet the Muppets on the Muppet Show tonight.
It's time to put on makeup
It's time to dress up right
It's time to raise the curtain on the Muppet Show tonight.
Why do we always come here
I guess we'll never know
It's like a kind of torture
To have to watch the show
And now let's get things started
(Why don't you get things started)
It's time to get things started
On the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational....
This is what we call the Muppet Show!