Halloween Party Game Ideas
If you're the Halloween host this year, you'll need some great games to make your party a hit! So Kidzworld has come up with a few ideas for ya - we guarantee you'll have a very "goo" time with these slimy, scary and spooky games.
Halloween Games - Bobbing for Apples
You can't have a Halloween party without playing this classic game! It's easy - all ya have to do is float apples in a large tub filled with warm water. The object of the game is to grab an apple in your mouth without using your hands. To make things even more challenging, try removing the stems from the apples. Happy bobbing!
Halloween Games - Pin the Wart on the Witch
Like Pin the Tail on the Donkey, this bewitching game has you pinning a wart on a witch. Draw and color a witch on a large piece of paper, cut out circles from black construction paper and stick tape on the back to make the witch's warts. Then blindfold the players, spin them around three times and have 'em pin ugly warts on the witch! The player who sticks the wart closest to the nose wins.
Halloween Games - Build Your Own Scarecrow
In groups of two or more, create a super scary scarecrow out of old clothes, pillowcases (for the head), felt markers, newspapers and tape in only 20 minutes. Hand out prizes to the scariest and funniest scarecrows, and then place 'em outside your house so that trick-or-treaters will get spooked!
Halloween Games - Pumpkin Carving Contest
A Halloween party isn't complete without jack-o'-lanterns! You'll need to buy enough pumpkins for each of your pals, and ask the 'rents or some other adult to help you cut and carve them. Have fun while you take out the guts of the pumpkins and carve them into spooky masterpieces! Click here for some great pumpkin carving ideas.
Halloween Games - Mad Scientist's Laboratory
For a truly gross game, get your friends to feel creepy body parts that are actually food, and have them guess what they really are.
Supplies and Ingredients:
- Peeled grapes for eyeballs.
- Dried apricots for an ear.
- A banana peel for a tongue.
- Uncooked liver for a heart.
- Cold, cooked spaghetti for brains.
- Five medium-sized bowls.
- Five small cardboard boxes.
- Prepare your "body parts" and place them into their own bowls.
- In the side of each cardboard box, cut out a hole that's big enough to slip a hand through.
- Place one bowl of body parts into each box and seal it.
- Make a label with the name of the body part for each box, and have kids reach in and feel!
- The History of Halloween
- Classic Halloween Costume Ideas
- Spooky Halloween Crafts
- More Fun Games, Arts and Crafts!