Tak and the Power of JuJu TV Show Facts
Tak is just a shaman's apprentice when he acquires the power of JuJu. Now he has to learn to control it - and himself. Based on the video game, Tak and the Power of Juju is now one of Nickelodeon's newest shows. Kidzworld checks it out.
- Tak - The main character, Tak has the ability to summon a magic power called the Juju. Tak is pretty smart, but has his mishaps when it comes to practicing his Juju power. Whenever Lok gets himself into trouble Tak is the first one on the scene to save him. He is Jibolba's nephew and apprentice.
- The Chief - He is the leader of the Pupununu and father of Jeera and Zaria. He is always getting mad at Tak for messing up while using of his Juju power. He loves his tribe and is very fat.
- Lok - An incompetent warrior, Lok isn't very smart and often lies about saving lives. He always refers to himself in the third person.
- Jeera -Jeera is Tak's fun loving best friend. She is the chief's daughter and has an older sister named Zaria who is next in line for the throne and never lets her younger sister forget it. Jeera is a tomboy and she might have a crush on Tak.
- Keeko - Careless, laid back, and a dreamer, Keeko is the clumsy, but friendly member of the tribe.
- Banatu Steven Jibolba - Tak's uncle and mentor, he is 177 years old. He is the shaman master of the tribe.
- Zaria - Jeera's 18 year old bossy sister. She is the next one to inherit the throne and won't let Jeera forget it. Plus she thinks she can tell people how to dress for that reason. Psychic Juju hinted that she might not be the future chief.
- The show premiered on August 31, 2007 and features two mini-stories per half hour episode.
- This is Nickelodeon's first all CGI series.
- In the television series, Dead Juju is instead called Party Juju. Also, Mind-Reader Juju is called Psychic Juju.
- Tlaloc, the antagonist in the video games, is named Traloc in the TV show.
- Lok is voiced by Patrick Warburton, who is the same person who voiced Lok in the video game.
- Tak is voiced by a different actor than the one that voiced him in the video game.
- Tak and the Power of JuJu has writers from Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go!, The Replacements, and Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi.
- "Lok, what are you doing? Come on!" - Tak
- "Ah, do you smell that? That fresh crisp mountain air." - Lok
- "Lok, we're losing time." - Tak
- "Reminds me of camp with Jibolba when I was a kid at Queen Tukeypu Lake. Oh the fun we had. We greased badgers, played keepaway, shot fat slugs out of our nostrils for distance, wrestled rabid feral beasts and of course peed on our loincloths." - Lok
- "Ewwww." - Tak
- "How do you reverse a multiple monkey spell?" - Tak
- "Why do you ask?" - Jibolba
- (Huge monkey invasion)
- "No reason." - Tak
- "Tak, make the sheep grow wool!" - Jibolba
- "Okay Jibolba!" - Tak
- "Tak - enough! Taaak!" - Jibolba
- (Jibolba's hair grows huge)
- "I'm not completely displeased by the results. However, you have to work on your aim." - Jibolba
- Tak and the Power of Juju Video Game Cheats: Power-up Codes
- Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go! TV Show Facts
- Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi TV Show Facts