WordGirl TV Show Facts
WordGirl isn't your average superhero. Instead of x-ray vision or lightning fast reflexes, she uses her super-powered vocabulary to defeat bad guys. Get the 411 on the second season of this verbose show, which starts Friday September 12, 2008 on PBS Kids GO!
- WordGirl/Becky Botsford - Becky is just your average fifth grader except for the fact that she's a superheroine from planet Lexicon. She uses her superior vocabulary to fight villains.
- Captain Huggy Face/Bob - WordGirl's monkey sidekick, who is simply known as "Bob" around Becky's house.
- Violet Heaslip - Becky's best friend, Violet is a bit dreamy and shy, but loves unicorns, poems and art.
- Todd "Scoops" Ming - A budding journalist who writes for the school paper, The Daily Rag. Problem is, he's a bad writer, which Becky would never say because she has a huge crush on him.
- Tim and Sally Botsford - Becky's adoptive parents who are clueless to her true identity.
- TJ Botsford - Sally and Tim's biological child, who hates his sister, but - ironically - thinks WordGirl is super cool.
- The Butcher - A criminal who can shoot meat out of his hands. His powers are counter-acted by tofu.
- Dr. Two-Brains - A scientist whose brain is fused with a mouse brain. His human brain is good, but his evil mouse brain keeps him involved in villainous schemes.
- Granny May - She may pretend to be sweet, but Granny May is the ultimate super-villain.
- Mr. Big - An evil businessman who manages to sell totally useless products using mind control.
- Theodore "Tobey" MacCallister III - A child genius who, despite being a villain, has a not-so-secret crush on WordGirl.
- Chuck the Evil Sandwich-Making Guy - A villain who uses condiments as weapons. His vocabulary is pretty limited, making him an easy villain for WordGirl to take down.
- Lady Redundant Woman - Half-woman, half-copy machine, LRW can create copies of herself simply by touching her nose. Her copy army does her bidding, unless she runs out of ink, in which case they vanish in a flutter of paper!
- WordGirl began as a series of shorts that were usually shown at the end of Maya & Miguel. It was turned into its own full length series in September 2007.
- The voice of Tobey MacCallister is performed by comedian Patton Oswalt, who was also the voice of Remy the rat in Ratatouille.
- WordGirl won a 2008 Emmy Award for Outstanding Writing in Animation.
- The second season of WordGirl will feature even more villains, Becky's campaign for student council president, and more chances for WordGirl to crush her foes with her immaculate and indestructible vocabulary!
"It's a hairy guy! And where there's a hairy guy, there's usually a...WordGirl!" - Chuck the Evil Sandwich-Making Guy
"Only a family of imbeciles has a television." - Tobey
"Whoa, we're not imbeciles!" - Becky
"And how would you know?" - Tobey
"Imbecile is another word for idiot. We're not idiots. We only watch PBS." - Becky
"Hmm, interesting... someone my age who actually has a brain in her head." - Tobey
"Thanks. I think." - Becky
- The Blue Elephant and Tortoise vs. Hare DVD Reviews
- Spectacular Spider-Man DVD Review
- Banana Splits TV Show Facts