Banana Splits :: TV Show Facts
The rockin’ animal band from the ‘60s returns to the Cartoon Network to sing, dance and entertain kids of all ages. Get ready for pie tosses, corny jokes and tunes that will stick in your head. Kidzworld sits in with the Banana Splits!
- Fleegle - A beagle, and the unofficial leader of the Banana Splits. He tries to keep things in order, but something is always happening in the Banana Pad to distract everyone from the Banana Splits band meetings.
- Drooper - A lion, and Fleegle’s right hand man. Drooper is often the voice of reason, but the rest of the gang is seldom listening!
- Bingo - A gorilla, a goof, and a bit of a mischief maker. Sometimes Bingo gets teased unintentionally by Fleegle, who tends to say bad things about monkeys.
- Snorky - An elephant who doesn’t talk, but instead uses a horn on the end of his trunk to communicate. Snorky gets into sticky situations that the rest of the group has to solve.
- The original Banana Splits show was an hour long and included music videos, action adventure segments and cartoons. It ran on Saturday mornings in the late 1960s.
- The show was created to help advertise Kellogg’s cereal.
- A theme park called Banana Splitsville is being opened in the Splits’ honor at Hard Rock Park in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
- Michael Stipe, singer for the band R.E.M., has reportedly said that the Banana Splits were a bigger influence on him and his music than the Beatles.
“Let’s split, Bananas!” – Fleegle
“I’ll have a medium pizza, half marshmallow, half pepperoni.” – Bingo
“Why is Snorky standing on the banana couch?” – Drooper
“Think that computer mouse might like a gigabyte of cheese?” – Fleegle
“No mouse is going to make a monkey out of a brother Banana!” – Fleegle
- 90210 TV Show Facts
- Disney’s Camp Rock :: Extended Rock Star Edition DVD Review
- Shaun the Sheep TV Show Facts
- High School Musical :: Get In the Picture TV Show Facts